got my ls arc seconds today(sat march 30 2002) first impresions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
told gransee that i had to get my fix and that i wanted overnight sat delivery. hey can you blame me -ive waited since last fall for this day and its here!!!!!!woohoo!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
hurrah!!! mine ALL MINE!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I gotta wait some more. UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays, and I'll be attending the Mariners season opener on Monday, thus missing the delivery. Looks like Tuesday will be my day.

Then again, maybe not.
After checking the UPS website, I see the message "LOCATION SCAN ROUTED INCORRECTLY AT UPS FACILITY". That simply means somebody made a boo-boo,and I won't have to worry about missing a Monday delivery, as it won't arrive until at least Wednesday.
blush.gif

RevJim

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Aragorn wrote:-ive waited since last fall for this day and its here!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Is that all??? How is it?? What configuration are you using?? Like he said, where's the pics?? Mine won't arrive until Wednesday. Come on... share...
frown.gif

Jim

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, we want details. You`re not the only one who`s been waiting since sometime last year for their Arc LS so go on, put us out of our misery- what`s it like?
grin.gif

What made Arc deem yours to be a Factory Second? Is it an off-center beam, is the white LED tinted a wierd green or purple color, does every single part have a different colour to the anodising? Be nice to have an idea of how "bad" these are, compared to a "perfect" one. I personally hope the flaws will be minor. We`ll see....

I`d be green with envy that you`ve got yours already, but I have spent the last few months playing with the prototype, so that`s taken the edge off my urges for a bit. But the wait for my Factory-Second white LS kit (probably here sometime next week) will be a loooong one for sure.....

tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK now I am green wi`t envy! You`d not like the prototype- it`s off center by about 5 degrees, and has an odd pink/yellow tint depending on which bit of the beam you stare into.
But it`s one of only 2 in the whole world in private hands so who`m I to moan? And yes, I will stop bragging about that eventually. Just not yet.

I can`t wait for my "proper" A-LS! Hurry, mr Postman....

tongue.gif

(trying to keep to just 1 smiley per post to save on the bandwidth!)

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
well to tell the truth i dont know what is wrong with them.
confused.gif
even gransee said i had lucked out after hearing a full description over the phone. i mean, sure a violet tint would have been nice as i prefer that tint for its brightness(dang bright)but this batch had none that gransee could find- bummer
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

WHITE: incandecent tint (same as first runs), beam a hair away from perfect center( this was only discerned after making it very dim and recording its footprint on a peice of exrteme glo. it was difficult to tell even then. FIRST RUN #315. every thing inside electroplated. new retianer ring.

RED: d#%^ f&^*$%^ BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY RED SECOND TOO!
grin.gif
FIRST RUN #108
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
!!! almost strait beam. a hair off center but otherwise PERFECT!!! LOW SERIAL # TOO!!!!! electroplated . new retainer ring.

gransee's standards are so high that his seconds would be most peoples firsts. i had worse beam alignment in my brand new pt impact. these seconds are worth twice what i paid for them and were worth overnight air sat delivery. the red ls is now my favorite led light and the white, while not violet tint is still the only white ls i have so i think it will get lots of use. quickbeam will get pics tonight inside and outside.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
...i mean, sure a violet tint would have been nice as i prefer that tint for its brightness(dang bright)but this batch had none that gransee could find- bummer
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe if I get one with a violet tint we can work out a trade.
wink.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took pics this weekend - the seconds are very nice. Very bright, too. The red one is stunning. Knurling is exactly what I would want - not agressive but gives a good grip.

I have to process the digiphotos today sometime and will hopefully post them to Aragorn's site tonight. Check his site around 8:00pm EST for a new link on the home page to the Arcs. If it's not there by then, it'll have to wait until the same time Tuesday.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quickbeam:
I took pics this weekend - the seconds are very nice. Very bright, too. The red one is stunning. Knurling is exactly what I would want - not agressive but gives a good grip.

I have to process the digiphotos today sometime and will hopefully post them to Aragorn's site tonight. Check his site around 8:00pm EST for a new link on the home page to the Arcs. If it's not there by then, it'll have to wait until the same time Tuesday.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is his site?

dark star

Enlightened
My arc LS second shipment was also bungled by UPS , "LOCATION SCAN ROUTED INCORRECTLY AT UPS FACILITY". I think they are just playing with them for a few days. Please UPS, give me my arc LS !!

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPS played with mine with the same misdirection notice also. The tracking document says it left Arizona at 6:01 am this morning. My fingers are crossed for tomorrow.

bcwang

Enlightened
So how bright is this red ls compared to the other colors? I thought red was the dimmest of all colors.

bcwang

Enlightened
Is it brightest by actual output or also in perceived brightness? From what I've read our eyes are least sensitive to red. So comparing all the ARC LS colors, does the red actual seem brighter to your eyes as well as the light meter?

Is the ARC AAA red bright compared to the other colors too?

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
HELL YEAH ITS BRIGHT!!!! i carry mine on the 123 pack around my neck on a parrashute cord. its handy when i am downtown at night- its intense color and brightness are a reasuring weapon should i need to defend myself. unlike the white or other colors this thing causes immidiate pain to the retinas when veiwed straight-on. heck , maybe its a second because it was TOO bright.
275 lux is a lot of light!

Status
Not open for further replies.