Inova Bolt Light 2 Watt - Quick Review

mhubble

Enlightened
Got mine from REI yesterday. I was surprised at the fast shipping. The Bolt is well made. The threads are almost too slick. Has a momentary/twist switch. I would prefer a regular clickie. Alot brighter than the Inova Radiant 2 AAA. The Bolt has alot tighter beam and throws farther than the Radiant. The Bolt has a yellow tint to it, the Radiant has a bluish tint. I really thought this light would be brighter considering its supposed to be a 2 Watt. For me its a little over priced. 25.00 plus shipping is too much for what you get. But over all not a bad light.

p3230001tx9.jpg

p3230004au6.jpg

p3230008lk7.jpg

The first beamshot is the Bolt, second is the Radiant. Taken on top of a white Dryer at about 15 inches.
p3230009uk0.jpg

p3230010wh8.jpg

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still want to get one when I order something else... to save on shipping.

Is the entire thing metal or is the black portion rubbery? Does it weigh twice as much as the 2xAAA Radiant?

mhubble

Enlightened
What's the bottom light in the first pic?
The bottom light is the PALMBLAZE, refinished by me with Duracoat flat black.

Is the entire thing metal or is the black portion rubbery? Does it weigh twice as much as the 2xAAA Radiant?

The black part is hard rubber, but the inside is all metal. The Bolt is only a little heavier than the Radiant.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice review, thanks. Looks like a pretty interesting offer from Inova.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
mhubble said:
25.00 plus shipping is too much for what you get. But over all not a bad light.

Thanks for posting your impressions of this light mhubble.

The 2AAA Bolt will probably be the next light I purchase.

I'm a major fan of the 2AAA form factor and there aren't that many decent 2AAA LED lights available, other than low-powered penlights.

Also, I think 25 bucks isn't out of line for a well-built, rugged Inova light. Although I'd happily pay 50 or 60 bucks for the same light with a SSC Cree LED, if such a critter were available.