mag LED 2aa bulb came off!

Mischief[LTS]

Newly Enlightened
hi guys,

well, it finally happened! my poor mag LED finally broke..

i was about 3 stories up on a balcony using my light to check something out below. i placed it on the ledge to light a cigarette, and wouldn't you know it! a gust of wind came along and blew her right off the side!

so, fearing the worst, i went down there and picked her up off the ground. at first it worked fine, solid beam no flicker. but then it began to struggle and quickly died out. upon closer inspection, i noticed that while the LED itself was intact and undamaged, it had disconnected itself from the circuit panel and one of the copper leads had broke off. had the lead not broken i might have been able to re-solder it back on.

anyways, i hate to just throw this thing away. im figuring if i can find an LED that would fit, it would be good as new again. anyone have any idea what kind of LED it is, and where to get it?

Gator762

Enlightened
I think you can throw a SSC P4 on it and it will be brighter or give you more run time than before.

Search for people modding the minimag LED here.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Campdavid said:
And quit smoking! It's bad for your flashlights!:grin2:
Yeah, I think the hint couldn't have been more obvious. LOL

Any white Luxeon III LED would work fine as a replacement. If you're putting in another brand LED such as a seoul (easier mod) you may have to mod the reflector and other bits to make it work.

There are many places you can get Luxeon LEDs from. These LEDs (if the're still available,) are in my opinion, GREAT for the price though from Hong Kong, the wait will be a little longer than from a US source.

Last edited: