dealextreme "JYE 3w ssp-p4" ?

zifnab69

Newly Enlightened
is some body know the JYE 3W SSC-P4 Seoul Z-Power Wide Projection Hex Flashlight we can found in dealextreme ?
is it good ?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I have the same light without the Hex head from DX. It is a good light for its class. Note that it only has a T-bin SSC, not the higher rated U-bins most people around here have. Throw is very good, roughly comparable the popular lumapower D-mini. Overall output is a bit higher than the 1RCR D-mini, of course.

For comparison, the popular "U2-style" cree that DX sells doesn't throw as far this JYE light (due to its textured reflector), but puts out ~25% more light overall. It's driven at 1200mAh direct drive, compared to 1000mAH on this light.

Raptor#

Newly Enlightened
I also have this light, without the hex head thought. As selfbuilt sayd, the throw is very good, almost a laserlike beam.
Well, actually i even found it to be a bit too tight for my tastes, i've also got the U2-Style cree, personally i like its bigger althought weaker hotspot better.

One question, selfbuilt - did you get to compare it 1:1 with the D-mini, i.e. do you happen to own one?

Oh and on a side note... i had a defect with mine. Been testing the Ultrafire 18650's, and after 10 minutes of it being on in high mode, i cooked the led. :ohgeez:
Weird, hasn't happend to me with the U2-Style, and although it pushes even more maH to the led than the SSC it does not get as warm.
Anyway, DX sayd they'll take it back (and pay my shipping costs), its good to know they stand up for theyr costumers. :)
They also sayd they will try to check those from now on before shipping.

Personally i believe the led wouldn't have been cooked if i would have taken the head-hex version instead of the regular one. Apparently the hex-head serves as a heatsink.

Hope this info has been helpful to you.

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Raptor# said:
One question, selfbuilt - did you get to compare it 1:1 with the D-mini, i.e. do you happen to own one?
Yes, I have both and the throw is about the same. Overall output is roughly comparable as well - but the difference is the JYE has a much wider (but dimmer) sidespill than the D-mini.

Oh and on a side note... i had a defect with mine. Been testing the Ultrafire 18650's, and after 10 minutes of it being on in high mode, i cooked the led. :ohgeez:
It's not uncommon for some of these DX lights to not have any thermal paste under the head. I'm planning on modding mine to a U-bin, so I'll check when I do the switch. But it certainly makes running the light for extensive periods risky if nothing is there.