Who else runs their Jetbeam C-LE at 3.0 V?

gunga

Flashaholic
I don't mean 14500s at 3.7 V, though that does count too.

I am about to pick up a P1 body for my C-LE to run at 3.0 V. I've been reading about people (person?) burning out their boost circuit by using a 3.7 V 14500.

I'm a little worried about burning it out using 3.0 V primaries (CR123) during extended use, say in hi or something.

Is this a reasonable concern? Has anyone extensively tested/used their light with 3.0 Vs?

I've seen 2 who have been using them (lightbug and mudman), I guess I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to fry my precious grail light (took 3 months to get, don't want to fry it so soon...).

:ohgeez:

lightbug

Enlightened
Gunga,

My brother has been running his C-LE on 14500 over 3 weeks. Most of times, he used medium mode. So far so good.

T4R06

Enlightened
"I am about to pick up a P1 body for my C-LE to run at 3.0 V. I've been reading about people (person?) burning out their boost circuit by using a 3.7 V 14500."

i believe its a defective one

i dont know what's happening... putting C-LE on P1 body is really UGLY...
same here, since i bought this light im using it every night. not a problem at all using 14500.

Last edited:

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Reducing the length by about 1/2", and a substantial increase in output is worth it! And compared to a 3.7V cell, the 3V lithium primary cell will give double the runtime and fewer concerns about heat.

gunga

Flashaholic
Yeah, cosmetically, it's not too pretty, the stock C-LE is a nice looking light.

Right now it's a pretty tiny AA twisty, adding the P1 body makes it the same size and similar function to a Fenix P1D-CE without the ugly beam rings and (to me) a slightly better UI since I don't use high that much.

Love the snooth and white beam due to the OP reflector. Gonna have to get used to the frankestein looks tho...

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I wonder if you guys are horrified by the appearance of the P1 natural tube or the black. I opted for black thinking the closer the better. I too prefer the look of the nice type III anodizing, but as gunga said, it's like a P1D-CE without rings. :rock: