• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LEEF interest thread for SF-C, C cell bodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leef

Enlightened
Any interest in a LeefBody fitting the SF M head, using the new LiIon C cells from AW?

2x? 3x? 1x?

Black? Natural? Nickel?

Of course, these would have some kind of clicky tailcap instead of the long M*g type switch body, so these bodies would be significantly shorter than the M*g C bodies.

Last edited:

Cerberus

Newly Enlightened
Re: Another LEEF interest thread!

Most Definately...............!!!!!

Glad to see that you are local as well ;)

Cerberus

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened

Sounds interesting, But as you ask what size, would it not be possible to make the body out of one cell at a time extentions, and have the tailcap that you are going to make screw into the last extention, instead of screw on, if you get what I mean.
The Vital Gear bodies had a switch that screwed in instead of screwed on. Good for real loading cells.

You could go some way in hideing the join in the body/ extentions buy knurling the back of the body and leaving a smooth gap at the front so the next extention with the knurling at the back should cover, or make a natural transition in the join between extentions and make the body look like one in any length; The knurling would look like your current bodies.

That way you would have endless posibilities to change the Lamp/Led to suit your power choice.

I havent handled a M3 head in a while , but I think the head should be the same size or larger than the diameter of the C bodies, if the head was smaller it may look weird.

Last edited:

ICUDoc

Enlightened

Hi Leef.
Yes of course! I guess you mean the turbohead ie KT4?
2 or 3 cells, then user chooses bulb type. Yep.
Black or natural. Yep
But I wonder haow you would load them???
Keep it up!

dcjs

Newly Enlightened

You mean something similar to this? :sssh:
(If standard M heads are used, the body would have to be ~0.56" longer, about 6" overall lenght for a 1-cell light.)
KL6-1xC-Cell.jpg

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened

Leef - I am very interested in a run.

dcjs - thanks for posting the drawing. I like it!

KK

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

A C body sounds good, but I would be more interested in a 2x D sized Li-ion body for M series, if D cells ever become easily available.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Leefy, you should make some modular bodies, and head adapters, that are all interchangable, different cell size different heads, tailcaps. Big money.

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened

I these would rock Leef. 2x body would be ideal. Should be able to run both the mn20 and mn21 no problem. I'd call it a poor man's M6, but after the body, kt4, tailcap, 2x lions, and charger you're probably approaching M6 territory. I'd rather have this light than an actual M6 though. What would you use for a tailcap? A custom one would be cool, but I'm not sure if the McClicky can handle the 5 amp draw of the mn21.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds sweet. I like Raoul_Duke's suggestion about modular 1-cell bodies that we can buy to make however many cells we want.

Would you also consider making a 1x C-cell body that fits C-series heads? I'd love to run a 1x Li-Ion C-cell on my M2 head with a Cree drop-in module and have stupid long runtime!

Leef

Enlightened
Thanx for the replies, guys.

Raoul, yes I'm looking into this idea. It requires slightly thicker body walls, but should be doable. You could have a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.... cell light. Size matters!

David, it would be rear loading, having a tail cap sorta like a M*g cap.

dcjs, you may not have the body diameter quite right, but your drawing looks close for a 1-C length.

Leukos, This may happen.

Skalomax, everyone wants head(s). I'm thinking about this line of products.

Bargain Monkey, it would have a custom tailcap sorta like a M*g cap. You're right, the McClicky switch isn't adequate. It'll have a switch that'll keep the hotwire guys happy.

jsr, see reply to Raoul as to the M-series bodies. C-series bodies can be done. Is there any interest (besides yours)?

Onward! :grin2:

Last edited:

brunt_sp

Enlightened
Yes I'm interested. At present I have a 2X 18650 setup with MN21. I love it but as with all things I want more. What would I need to get more than 500 lumens using this Leef C-cell tube ?

Status
Not open for further replies.