ASP TRIAD 3X CREE & T5 AT 300

FASTCAR

Banned
Saw the movie "300" lastnight.Took my ASP and T5 along.Was dark when I got to the door leading in the largest room ( for the new movies).It is about a 150' walk in the dark so I fired up the ASP left hand and T5 right hand.Ok ok ok I admit it..I played with them a bit doing beam shots all over the huge Imax room.
Washed out the ENTIRE screen and scoped out the whole place.When I came from behind the wall to the seating area, every person was quitet...not 1 person eating popcorn or drinking soda.EVERY single person was waiting to see what was coming through the tunnel..it was me :) I was glad the lights are small enough that 1/2 or so did'nt even see I had a light ( or 2)

As a 6'1 300 lbs powerlifter, I do not worry about others getting mad or getting in my face.

That said:

B4 the movie started a little segment that lasted 10 sec about " turn off cell phones and quitet babies" came on.

Sure enough a young fellow with low pants 15 sizes to big with undies showing got a call.He was quite loud on his phone.Cursing and the usual stuff.
Yep you guessed it..I lit him up with the ASP and T5..then asked him nicley to please take it outside.

After the movie (lol) maybee 40-50 people asked me WTF kind of light was that? 2 cops said " I thought my stinker was bright"..then the usual " where can I buy that..got a web adress?"

Then I told a few of them the price as I left.
One young man said age 16 roughly " yo is you crazy? spending like $100 on a light is wack"...Odd he was wearing a pair of 5K diamond earings heh

Last comment I heard was " That knucklehead got ripped off,I see LED lights at the $1 store ..idiot"

O yea, lastly...I used only HIGH mode..I am alergic to low lumens
:candle:

martonic

Enlightened
How do they compare - the 3xcree triad to the amilite t5 (high) ?

JeffW

Newly Enlightened
I bought the T5 on your recomendation. Great light. I ordered the single stage switch. Whats up with ASP? Is asgood as the T5?

Last edited:

FASTCAR

Banned
As this post made a comeback.....
I must admit, when I first got my Asp triad cree it was horrible.
Now that it is all cleaned it is a fine light for sure.

I would bet if this light said Sure*ire and not ASP it would sell for 290$ or so.
I rate it a close second to the Wolf Eyes 6A/cree for a 2x123 format.
IMO the asp has the best clickey of any made, none even come close.

My 2 cents

keepdapeace

Banned
WOW a 6'-1" 300 pound jerk woooooo.
Ya know I had an *** like you do crap like you did in the movie I was in.
I asked nicely to turn off his light and know what; he started to puff up and be a jerk cuz he's a power lifter.
I reason the people weren't eating or drinking were thinking who's the asshole.
Long short the jerk took a swing and I broke his knee. Hey self defense ya know..
Take your light were they supposed to be OUTSIDE..
The point is be civil and don't screw with people you WILL find someone one day who will teach you manners.
I use a cree T-5 light for general patrol and area checks - four leds at over 600 lumens and runs on two protected 18650 batteries..
Backup is a cree F4 light - one led running one 18650.
Allot of fellow officers like what I use and have bought same lights.
^*& Now the chief is considering issuing them..

Last edited:

Daekar

Enlightened
I think that might've been an overly harsh assessment, keepdapeace. I'm not sure I would've done as Fastcar did in the same situation, but it didn't seem that he caused any trouble since he didn't do it during the movie, nor did he end up breaking anyone's knee. At any rate, you need to discuss the poster's story not attack them. Just because you're in LE doesn't give you the right to judge others or parade your ego around like those you seem to look down on. Keep it more civil and you might last past your 5th post. Please remember this is a family website.

BTW - this thread is over a year old... might want to check dates next time...

Last edited: