how do you carry your ls? why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Mine lives in my daily carry pouch, alongside an Inova 5X, a wallet, and a sh*tload of loose change. The pouch is nothingmore than an old meter case, and when stood up, fits snuggly between the seat and front deck of my wheelchair.

yclo

Flashaholic*
In my dreams...
frown.gif

YC

dark star

Enlightened
I keep it in a little cloth pouch from a sporting goods store(used to hold keys,etc). My fear is the lens will get scratched otherwise.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:
In my dreams...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dooooh! You beat me to it! That's the same place I carry mine. In a custom ballistic nylon sheath with reflective piping. It is right next to my SF BEAST on my belt.

JollyRoger

Enlightened
I carry mine in my work bag in the 2AA configuration...in its own "pocket." I also use it as a bike light sometimes....I just got some Lithium CR123's, so I might put it on my keychain?!?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine lives in my back left pocket, attached to a side belt-loop by a slightly extended (and simple enough to remove) Infinity lanard. Why? So I can`t lose it or forget to take it with me. All my "edc" stuff is tethered to my belt somehow (SFs and Gerber-500 in holsters + the ALS of course) Sure, it digs in if I sit down too fast on a hard surface, but that`s just to remind me it`s still there I expect
grin.gif

I wouldn`t subject the poor thing to the Keychain of Doom, though it would be an interesting experiment once I`ve got my hands on the "first" edition, later this year hopefully.

grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The mini mag pouch is a great idea, but not if you aren't a regular belt user.
blush.gif

Clip-on holsters like those for LEDTronics products do a better job here, as they can be affixed to parts of a wheelchair without using that "fuggly" grey duct tape, and they clip onto clothing pockets as well. No belt required.

In my case, I just dump everything into a semi-rigid container that fits snuggly under my wheelchair seat, and away I go. The only exception is my E2, it clips to the side of my homebrew cellular telephone carrier and stays put until it's needed.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

In uniform: 2AA version, in a home made black nylon pouch. Lith AA in it.
Jeans or a suit: 123 version, in the front left pocket.
I am looking for a lanyard. I would like to find a thin bungy cord type. It would be nice to find one that did not hang down to far in the relaxed mode.

yclo

Flashaholic*
Darell,
how do you carry your Beast? I carry mine in a modified wild west gun belt, with lotsa spare 123's in the bullet holders.. and The Beast you-know-where for a quick draw.
grin.gif

YC

bwcaw

Enlightened
I don't have one of these yet but i should on monday thanks to Peter Gransee.You see i ordered one on wednesday and got confirmation right away but when i looked on the order status page it said it was on hold.I had talked to Peter on the phone the night before i ordered and he said he still had a couple in stock, so imagine my dissapointment when he sent me an e-mail telling me they had sold the last one just minutes before i ordered
mad.gif
so i was pretty bummed and dragged my broken heart around all afternoon, then i thought i would go check
my e-mail just to see if i got anything,
and right before my beady little eyes appeared the message, "the following items
have been shipped" !!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif
yay!
I almost collapesed from shock, Peter had somehow gotten me an arc ls second and shipped it! I am overjoyed with the service i
got from Peter and his wonderfull staff.Thank you Peter!
grin.gif
smile.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those that have a Surefire lanyard & tailcap ring from a 2 or 3 cell surefire, the lanyard ring fits perfectly between the bezel and 123 battery compartment. Very handy. I'm amazed it fits.
cool.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:
Darell,
how do you carry your Beast? I carry mine in a modified wild west gun belt, with lotsa spare 123's in the bullet holders.. and The Beast you-know-where for a quick draw.
grin.gif

YC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>YC, Most everyone here knows Darell. He's...you know...Darell. But you must have just gone "to far down-under".
bigok.gif
TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Sean-can that lens be taken out of that beamshaper replaced with a clear window?That thing makes the LS look cool.I want one.
troy

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it can be replaced with a clear lens, but I have yet to find one. Anyone know were to get one. It is nice, fits tight and gives you the hex-head anti roll profile. But I don't know were to get a clear lens for it.
frown.gif
Anyway, the beamshaper lens does diffuse the beam very nicely, giving you a more "nichia" type LED effect for those who don't like the narrow beam angle of the LS. And maybe more importantly, I clears up most of the "tint" issues, producting a very white looking light, much nicer than my E1 w/beamshaper (too yellow!).

Lonewolf,
It's a CRKT PECK, they also make a larger version called a KISS.
smile.gif
It's very streamline and pocketable. I just started wearing it again since I added the LS to my keys. It also has a pocket clip on the other side.

B@rt

Flashaholic
KT posted something about using a mineral watch crystal as a lens (can't remember where exactly, search on Triad or ASP?), maybe try something like that
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.