Which is brighter Huntlight FT04XJA3 SSC or Fenix LOD-CE

frankr

Newly Enlightened
[font=ARIAL, VERDANA, HELVETICA][font=ARIAL, VERDANA, HELVETICA]Anyone know which is brighter, the Huntlight FT04XJA3 SSC (HAIII) or the Fenix LOD-CE? (using a 10440 Li-ion cell) [/font][/font]

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have the Fenix, but the huntlight deffinitely has the freakin longest model number I have ever seen on a flashlight.

Therefore I can expertly say: The fenix puts out more lumans per model letter. The huntlight might put out more light overall, but it has to use several more letters in its name to do it.

The fenix is the most effecient design. Hope that settles that for you.

Last edited:

suvdave

Newly Enlightened
Does the Huntlight AAA SSC have multiple levels or is it a single level?

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huntlight%20FT-04XJA3%20SSC%20P4%20vs%20Fenix%20L0D%20CE.png

The Fenix is quite a lot brighter, but because it uses a lot more current the runtime is very short. I wouldnt recomend running either light on a 10440 for very long, they get quite hot.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, it turns out the original circuit that Huntlight used in the Luxeon FT-04XJA3 was regulated on a 10440, so I'm going to mod mine with a Seoul P4 LED to see if the lower forward voltage of the Seoul has any effect on the regulation with a 10440. If it works fine Huntlight might produce it as a Special Edition Li-Ion only version of the light since the circuit needs more voltage than an Alkaline, Ni-MH or lithium primary can provide in order to run well.

If you want to use Alkaline, Ni-MH or Lithium instead of Lithium-Ion the current version is the way to go.

Here is what the old light runs like on a 10440 Lithium Ion.

Huntlight%20FTA3%2010440.png

Pretty sweet eh?