No new Arc-LE's available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

Enlightened
No new Arc-LE\'s available?

I couldn't find any dealer(s) selling new Arc-LE's today when I looked. Is this a (hopefully) temporary situation; perhaps due to Arc Flashlight being 'between runs' on the Arc-LE?
frown.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: No new Arc-LE\'s available?

Well, heck. They wouldn't be Limited if they were always available... Don't even get me started (we had a BIG discussion about this a while back - nobody called me any names, but it came close
smile.gif
)

As far as we, the purchasing public know, there are none being made right now due to the lack of SB1 bulbs.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Once again Darell is right.
smile.gif
We haven't made LEs for 4 months now and we may never make them again. I understand springboard still might have a few. (818) 346-4647

Peter

hawkins1965

Newly Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gandalf:
I couldn't find any dealer(s) selling new Arc-LE's today when I looked. Is this a (hopefully) temporary situation; perhaps due to Arc Flashlight being 'between runs' on the Arc-LE?
frown.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried Triple Aught Design? They only list the AAA but don't list LE on their site. Call them to ask for it. Here's the link: http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/aaa.htm

Hope you have better luck with them.

Alexis

Newly Enlightened

Peter,

Quick question. Since the LE is in fact a limted edition, can you tell us how many were shipped to retail? This would give us an idea of how big our family is.

Thanks

ledlurker

Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve-at-Springboard:
Thank you, Peter! Yes, I still have Arc LEs in stock from your last production run. $30 each plus $5 per order for regular mail, $10 per order for Priority. email at [email protected] or phone (evenings) 818-346-4647.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, I mailed out a money order to you on 4/15. Let me know when you mail the ARC AAA LE out to me.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

I couldn't find the answer to this, so I'll asked here. What are the differences between the last run on the LE's compared to that of the most recent runs of the AAA's?

jabajet

Newly Enlightened

Just got my LE from Steve-at-Springboard, Fast shipping, Excellent Service!

~Joe
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
What are the differences between the last run on the LE's compared to that of the most recent runs of the AAA's?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll take this one...

LE exterior is "natural" HA III, AAA is black HA III. LE has SB1 LED, AAA has SB2 LED. The most Chemkote I've ever heard of in an LE was just the head threads done, the current AAA's are coated on the threads AND inside the body. The LE says "Limited Edition" the AAA does not
smile.gif
The AAA is available everywhere, the LE is not.

I think that covers it.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Thanks darell. I just recieved 3-LE's that I had ordered. Not bad and I like the color, but I didn't notice any big difference in brightness compared to the AAA. It was also interesting to compare the differences in color between the 3-units. No 2 of them looked the same and 2 of the 3 had it's LED quite a bit off-center.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast

got my order from springboard.
postmarked on 19 and got it today.
now my cpf-aaa doesnt get beat up on the keyring.
although it is holding up good it needs a nicer home than the keyring
smile.gif

ledlurker

Enlightened

Steve@springboard:

I got my ARC LE yesterday!! Thanks to Peter for such a great light. I was even more suprised that it came in a blister pack!!!

I would have bought more, but I think I will wait for technology to progress some more. I think I will be buying the standard ARC fro gifts this Christmas.

Darell

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
but I didn't notice any big difference in brightness compared to the AAA.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's good, because there isn't any. Really. They are both S-ranked bulbs, so the brightness is ranked the same. Only the tint is different between the LE and the standard. There are always some brightness variations within ranks, but it won't be very noticeable.

B@rt

Flashaholic

Finally got my package from the States, (with an Arc LE, Infinity, some Sauce stuff and a couple of UV Photon knock-offs) together with some other stuff (that caused a delay of two months.)
blush.gif

The Arc LE is amazing. Feels great, smooth action (can't stop fumbling with it), looks great, ample light for most tasks, I don't know how I managed so long without one...
grin.gif

It is going to be my EDC, together with the Illuminator replacement Lambda is sending me tomorrow.

About the LE, I like the spiraling effect on it. I'm wondering tough, where does it come from? the knurling seems to have another pitch... (not sure if this is the right way to put it, but I hope you know what I mean...)
Anybody who can explain?

About lubing the O-ring, I have both silicone spray and teflon-grease, both claim to be good for rubber, etc.
Wich would be better?

Thanks,

Darell

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackBart:
About lubing the O-ring, I have both silicone spray and teflon-grease, both claim to be good for rubber, etc.
Wich would be better?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best advice I could give you is to try both and see how you like them. They'll feel different, for sure. I went through several products before I settled on the synthetic grease that I currently use.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Steve (and Mr. Gransee),

Thanks for the Arc LE! Light is a nice color and everything is top quality!

Aloha

Brian

signals

Newly Enlightened

I just received my LE from Springboard. Very cool light...

But, someone else asked earlier in the thread and didn't get an answer:

Does anybody know how many LEs were produced? How limited is it?

Thanks
-Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.