and if possible:

o good regulation on stock circuitry
o McR or IMS reflector will fit
o aluminum body

Any suggestions?

Toshi

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Task Force light (Lowe's or Adavance Auto Parts) is a well-regulated 2C light -- comes with an optic that produces a nice beam pattern (strong hotspot that gradually fades to a reasonable spill) designed for a Luxeon -- works well with a Seoul. The actual star is fairly well epoxied, so your best bet is to pry the stock emitter off and install a Seoul emitter to the stock star.

TMorita

Enlightened
2xTrinity said:
Task Force light (Lowe's or Adavance Auto Parts) is a well-regulated 2C light -- comes with an optic that produces a nice beam pattern (strong hotspot that gradually fades to a reasonable spill) designed for a Luxeon -- works well with a Seoul. The actual star is fairly well epoxied, so your best bet is to pry the stock emitter off and install a Seoul emitter to the stock star.

it's a 3 watter. I'm really looking for a 1 watter.

Toshi

redledz

Newly Enlightened
The River Rock 2C is really hard to take apart apparently. I searched on it a while back and one cpf member had to drill it open I think. I second the Task Force 2C. I would love to have a Seoul in mine someday.

haha posted right b4 me.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
TMorita said:
it's a 3 watter. I'm really looking for a 1 watter.

Toshi
Well, true power consumption on it was more like 2 watts into the LED -- a good compromise between brightness and runtime (at 3W and above you hit diminishing returns with brightness vs. additional battery use) it's labelled as 3W as it has a 3W emitter. I suppose you're looking for something that runs a little bit dimmer then, most of those lights are generally going to be in the AA category, I don't know of any C cell lights with good regulatoin and only 1W delivered to the LED.

Latest posts