As promised - factory-second Arc LS photos/details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may not be entirely necessary now that we`ve all seen so many other photos and details of the Arc-LS, and what I`ll say has probably been said before, but I did promise I`d do it, so I will.

Arc-LS First Run #114, white LED.

Next to the protype.
alsallparts.jpg

The Factory-Second unit alone.
als1.jpg

Another view.
alssecond.jpg

1AA battery pack.
als1aa.jpg

2AA battery pack.
als2aa.jpg

123 battery pack
als123.jpg

Next to the Surefire E2. They could almost be related...
alse2.jpg

Beam shots with different batteries. Sorry, no NiMH/NiCd here.
alsbeams.jpg

So, what makes this one a Factory Second?
-The colour of the light has a violet/blue tint to it. I`d hoped mine wouldn`t be this colour as I`m not overly fond of such discolouration, but it`s not that bad and I`ve seen worse.
-The beam is ever so slightly off centre, but compared to the proto, it`s hardly worth noting.
-The head has a 2-tone finish, the lens ring is a liglt grey, the body is dark grey.
-The 3 battery packs are slightly different tints, the knurling on the 2AA one is a little off-centre and the 1AA one has hardly any Chemkote coating applied to the innards.

But
This thing kicks butt! So the beam is a bit purply and slightly wonky- it`s the brightest LED light for its size that to this date, has ever been made. So the battery packs are different colours- they`re still extremely sturdy and aside from some knurling issues, very well made. For $70, it`s well worth it and I`d like to add my voice to the masses and say a big Thankyou to Peter and the team for making these avaliable to us.

It is obvious that this one is a Factory Second, but compared to some lights I`ve seen, it`s excellent. The "firsts" must be absolutely perfect and I just can`t wait to get my hands on one. The Arc-LS is a major step forward in flashlight technology. no going back now.

Arc Flashlights. Brighter, smaller!

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
ChrisM,

Those are absolutely the most beautiful shots I've seen of the proto - without the anodize, it looks positively stunning! One could be forgiven to think that the evolution of the Arc LS ran the other way instead (from olive-green to mirror-finish)!

I'd agree totally with the rest of what you'd said: The Arc LS(even the seconds), warts and all, is a fantastic piece of craftsmanship and engineering - bar none.

Darell

Flashaholic
Well dang.

1. Peter should use one of these shots on his site instead of that icky tool-box proto shot.

2. I was seriously going to hold off on the LS rush, but now I'm weakening. Weakening in a big way. Dare I hope for Arc to reject another white one?

Aaaahhh! You guys are killing me. "Not until it has a dimmer, not until it has a dimmer" I keep telling myself. But do I listen? Do I EVER listen?

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
1. Peter should use one of these shots on his site instead of that icky tool-box proto shot.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Willmore

Enlightened
Yeah, the shots on the web site are way out of date! The lights don't even look like that! For one, the ARC-LS is all the same color...
smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our guys over at Ventura Web Design are working on a site refresh for us. Add it to the list of fun ways to spend more money.
smile.gif

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.