Arc AAA XR - Will it become reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

protodoc

Newly Enlightened
A few months ago there was talk of the production of an extended run version of the infamous AAA.

I would love to get my paws on one of them as I am still searching for the ultimate night light for reading.

Is there enough interest here to warrant Peter persuing this model?

Inquiring minds want to know.

protodoc

JollyRoger

Enlightened
???
confused.gif

I wouldn't call the ARC AAA infamous! Rather, I'd call in famous!
smile.gif

I think if Peter were to pursue this with any speed, it would probably take a "large order," similar to TTS and the AA size ARC, to get the ball rolling?

That said, I'd love to have a couple.

protodoc

Newly Enlightened
Lest someone missunderstands my remark:
"Infamous" was spoken with tongue solidly planted in cheek. Same meaning as:
Yo, check this out - this is some BAD stuff!

Sorry if I was unclear about the fast that I like the AAA (I have bought a total of six so far!)

Okay, let's hear it for the XR.

protodoc

Darell

Flashaholic
Only 12? I'm up to.... well, I can't count that high, and stopped trying a while back.

I'd vote for the XR, but what I really want is the STANDARD/XR version. Meaning a bright one with a dimmer!

Gandalf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by protodoc:
A few months ago there was talk of the production of an extended run version of the infamous AAA.

I would love to get my paws on one of them as I am still searching for the ultimate night light for reading.

Is there enough interest here to warrant Peter persuing this model?

Inquiring minds want to know.

protodoc
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't a CMG Infinity already fill this niche in the market pretty well? I for one have no interest in having an Arc-AAA that's *dimmer* than the 'standard' model. I don't use my 'standard' model since I got an Arc-LE. If I want *less* light, I'm not going to worry about carrying two relatively small lights. I think the CMG Infinity is perfect for people who want long burn time, and don't mind giving up the light level the Arc-AAA puts out. I'm just not one of those people, although I do own 3 CMG Infinities (white, green, and turquoise). I rarely use them, however.

And my 2 cents on the single LED Arc-AA is: carry an extra battery or two. I always carry an extra AAA battery, mainly because my pager uses them, but of course in an emergency both the extra battery, and the AAA cell in my pager would go into the Arc-LE I *always* carry.

Empath

Flashaholic
Multiple levels and functions can, in my opinion, completely ruin the functionality of an otherwise good light. It depends on how it's incorporated into the system. If you can go immediately to the function you need without having to cycle through the others, I don't mind. The PAL Survival Light is an example. Turning it on or off requires that you go through "bright", "2nd level bright", and "strobe" everytime you make use of it. I quit using it period. Instead, I use the PAL One Shot, (or is it Sure Shot?) that has only one speed. Also I use the PAL One Star, that has seven levels. In order to change levels you have to hold the on button on. Otherwise it turns itself on/off with each click.

My otherwise excellent Eternalight XRay gets used little due to the multiple function levels becoming to involved with the on/off basic operation.

Darell

Flashaholic
I agree about not adding ugly complexity. And I would hate to see multiple levels of dimming, and flashing, and SOS, and whatever... I have my Photon III for that kind of aggrivation. But having just two modes to cycle through would make my life complete. As I've mentioned before, I carry dead AAA batteries with me just so I can dim my Arcs. Perfect for me would be a choice of super-bright, and Infinity-bright (let's call that "dim"). Maybe screw the head on lightly for dim, screw it on a bit harder for bright. We then wouldn't really be cycling through anything different than we do already.

Status
Not open for further replies.