Will these goggles protect against IR

pseudonomen137

Newly Enlightened
With no OD ratings posted, I'm not sure I would trust those goggles at all. However if you're purchasing a Dragon Laser, you do not need to worry about IR. Dragon Lasers are CNI black/gold models that are well filtered for 1064 and 808nm, and the only goggles you would need would be for 532nm (a good pair is available at a great price from WL, as well as some supposed DeWalt "substitues" that I can't say I personally trust)

andlog6

Newly Enlightened
pseudonomen137 said:
With no OD ratings posted, I'm not sure I would trust those goggles at all. However if you're purchasing a Dragon Laser, you do not need to worry about IR. Dragon Lasers are CNI black/gold models that are well filtered for 1064 and 808nm, and the only goggles you would need would be for 532nm (a good pair is available at a great price from WL, as well as some supposed DeWalt "substitues" that I can't say I personally trust)

heh, what if I am actually planning to remove the IR filter? :grin2:
thanks for the link

pseudonomen137

Newly Enlightened
andlog6 said:
heh, what if I am actually planning to remove the IR filter? :grin2:
thanks for the link

For what purpose? If you're planning on getting burning power, it isn't quite that easy as all you'll have is useless collimated IR. If you just want an IR laser, there are stronger ones available at decent prices. PM for details.