eLux High Power LED Drop-in Maglite Upgrade?

ghadlock

Newly Enlightened

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm...... interesting. You could always ask the seller a question. He's got a VERY good feedback rating, and has been on ebay for a few years, so it might be worth a little investigation.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
That's an interesting looking product. I wonder how well it works? Sure would be interesting to see some beam shots :)

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent a question, inviting the modder to the forum with a link to this thread, hope he wants to join in.

AlexGT

Led_Blind

Enlightened
Yeah, i saw that one a few days back but dismissed it based on the over hyped information.

A few things i noticed that turned me off this product.
- the reflectors do not look parabolic so this is a flood light.
- part of the sale says white and red leds, another part says 3-in-1 color bulbs. Confusing
- if they are 3 in 1 colour leds... no bulbs :) why bother with the red leds?
- 90% energy efficiency? Really? Then for 12 watts we should see 3,600ish lumens.
- 12 watts for 3 red and 3 white leds, 2 Watts per led so 6watts of white making 175 marketing lumens. Thats only 30lm\w and pretty average considering current seul and cree and Lumileds leds.

Not to sure but this sounds a little deceptive but i am happy to be proved wrong. I do hope the modder can come along and clear things up a bit.