Look what I found fits my old Nuwai Q3!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got some new RCR123's and was swapping some between a couple lights when I accidentally grabbed a tailcap from another light and had it screwed down part way on my Q3 before realizing it was the wrong tailcap. These two lights have been sitting side by side for more than a month and as much as I like to play lego with flashlight body parts it never occurred to me to try swapping these two tailcaps. The tailcap from this clone light fits fine on the Q3 with the exception that it leaves a little bare aluminum exposed because there is not as much bare body above the threads as the Q3 tailcap. But it fits and works great and has a much smoother and easier click action than the Q3 tailswitch and has that cool crenulated look AND it now TAIL STANDS! The light this came from is the infamous E2D clone 'Police' light that uses 2x RCR123's only. It actually is not that close to the real SF E2D as it's bigger around, doesn't have 'sharp' bezel crenulations and other than having a similar appearance there is no mistaking it for the real light. The Q3 tailcap however does not seem to fit well on the clone although I didn't try forcing it I think there may be a slight difference in diameters at some point in the caps. The clone tailcap does seem to fit very well and I compared threads on the bodies by 'meshing' them together and they seem to be the same so I don't think there is a chance of cross threading.

q3e2d2uv2.jpg

q3e2d1ud2.jpg

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, Where is this E2D clone sold, cheap I hope? Is it a reverse clicky? I have a modded Q3 that I would like for it to tailstand. Is it a two stage as I have a FLuPIC board?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was very cheap - I think around $10 - message thread in reviews has some info on it I believe. It came from qualitychinagoods.com. Unfortunately it is reverse clicky like the Q3 but only a one stage so should work fine with FluPic.

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, sweet!! Mine works as well. Looks really neat on there. Too abd my tailcap is modded to 2 stage, or I'd be really tempted to keep it on there. Nice find!

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Nake said:
I've been looking around since I posted. Kaidomain is going to get it in for 8.07 shipped, the "Solange". Think I'll wait for KD and try it.

That looks like a great find! It must be really powerful to melt the plastic lens. It says 214 lumens and takes 2 x RCR123.

Running RCR123 in series is not safe if you let the batteries run down. Not only there is a possibility of cell damage via reverse current, there is a danger of explosion. It must be direct driven light, so if you can see the output dropping immediately turn of the light. You should be OK then.

Although 20 minutes on RCR123 makes this a toy, but man's toy :)

- Vikas

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vikas Sontakke said:
That looks like a great find! It must be really powerful to melt the plastic lens. It says 214 lumens and takes 2 x RCR123.

Running RCR123 in series is not safe if you let the batteries run down. Not only there is a possibility of cell damage via reverse current, there is a danger of explosion. It must be direct driven light, so if you can see the output dropping immediately turn of the light. You should be OK then.

Although 20 minutes on RCR123 makes this a toy, but man's toy :)

- Vikas

I'm just buying it for the tailcap.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good find there Nake on the price from Kai - does look like the same thing. I just finally got RCR123's I could use in this Saturday. It looks fairly bright and does feel hot right in front of the bezel but I'd really say they are pushing the Lumen estimate by saying 214 Lumens out of it. It looks closer to my stock E2D but just more floody. At that price it's a great kubaton and battery holder disguised as a flashlight :D