Man ,I sure love my LS second kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I've had this thing since Wednesday,and have managed 3 nightime walks with it.I used a different battery pack for each trek.I just cant believe how cool it is.
When I turned it on for the first time I noticed how green the corona of the beam was.I believe this was the reason for it's relegation to "second" status.If I shine it on the wall a foot away,it looks pretty bad.
But a few of feet from the wall and the beam is a white hotspot with a slightly yellowish corona.Any farther,and the corona is a non-issue because the center of the beam is doing all of the work.I'm curious what other people who bought LS seconds with other beam tint variations think of them.Also does anyone know what causes the variations?
troy

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the maker of the Luxeon Star (Lumileds). They do not sort out tint variations or rank them as nichia does before they sell them. So when you buy a "white" luxeon star it may have one or more shades to it. There is nothing Peter can do about it except sort through them himself and send back the ones that are not true white. That adds a lot of labor cost to the ARC LS production.

Mine normally has a pinkish tint to it. With lithium AAs it's more white, with a hint of light blue.

Using a beamshaper "re-mixes" the light back to almost perfect white, but it also diffuses the beam.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Mine too has that kind of pee-green corona, but it becomes a non-issue when flashing it around a room or using it to find your way in the dark. You just quit noticing it after awhile, and really only see it when you want to see it.
smile.gif

dark star

Enlightened
I got a LS white "First" back in January. The beam is a bit blotchy but I do not notice any tint variation- its just plain white. But these LS's do seem perfect for nitetime hikes/walks, just bright enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.