Inova X1 Luxeon LED

Chusco411

Newly Enlightened
I know that there has already been a thread about this with a different title. I thought that this title might rekindle intrest in this. I am super intrested in this flashlight and any information that is avaliable would be greatly apperciated. Thanks in advance.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one. The reflectored version. For a single AA not bad. Its more floody than throw. Excellent for close quarters. Long runtime. Very smooth and fine threads on these. Its a twisty version and highly recomendded for its price and output.....

Welcome to CPF!!

Chusco411

Newly Enlightened
Really when and where did you get it? Hows does the light output differ from the previous 2 versions of the X1? I hope that this means that sites like Battery Junction will be getting them in soon.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
To my knowlege the Gen3 X1 is not released yet.

To sum up the diffrent generations.

Gen1 comes in Titanium and Black HA. Features a 5mm and a tight spotlight.

Red,White,Green,Blue and UV Led.

Gen2 Comes in Titanium and Black HA. Features a 5mm Led and a Reflector(Flood)

White,Green,Blue Leds.

Gen3 Luxeon Led.
Other Specs and colors not known yet.
Not available yet,but i know batteryjunction is wating for a batch.Should be here any day now.

Benny

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't realise there is a Gen 3 going to come out. Inova's website is quite lame not being updated. Anyway mine's the Gen 2.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I'm interested in the Luxeon X1.
By the way, does anyone know somewhere to get one of the first lensed X1s? I've been poking around but haven't been able to confirm any left over stock of them. Especially a red one!

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know why they didnt go with a cree or seoul? Seems like a weird decision to release a new light and not use the later generation of leds. Surely it cant be a cost issue?

pilou

Enlightened
Inova seems a relatively large scale manufacturer, certainly much larger than the likes of Fenix. So it probably takes the a while to do product planning, and perhaps at the time the Crees weren't available to the scale they needed it, so they went with the well proven K2 for most of their bigger-than-X1 lights.

pilou

Enlightened
I think the "will be updated soon" note has been there for at least six months. MattK from Battery Junction mentioned that an update MAY show up this month or the next.

Chusco411

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved this email from Inova today.

I apologize for the delay in my response, I needed to check with our engineers on your request. The newest version of the X1 has begun shipment from Emissive April 1st with a 2 watt LED. Unfortunately the type of LEDs we use is proprietary and we do not divulge that information to end users. This is company policy. The MSRP is $24.99.

Thanks so much,

Katie Cocuzzo

Maybe this helps