ARC and 5W Luxeon and REAL availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
minimum tooling? Well...one will still have to consider if the current circuit will be compatible with the new 5W Luxeon.

But i think this would be a GREAT product to use in the ARC line. THen the development of a new circuit to drive this LED can be made so that there can be a battery pack made for 2 CR123s. Like the 2 cell Surefire lights. WOW...i'm excited.

SO when the ARC LS battery packs have there kinks worked out of them...and machining and QC is up to par, the development of these lights, and all other future projects, should be a piece of cake!
wink.gif

Spidey82

Enlightened
The 5w led is 120 lu
my e2 is 5w, 60lu

Shouldn't the led have more den twice the efficiency??
confused.gif

Linfeng

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case anyone hasn't seen it:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=002056

To quote Tim Allen, we all want MORE POWER (or more light!)

This is pretty exciting stuff if it is actually here and available, and a decent product!

Peter, my questions are:

Are thise 5W Luxeon's available to you right now?

I am sure that you are always evaluating new products, but if these things are the same size as the current Luxeon's, you could pop one into an existing LS body with minimal re-tooling.

It seems to me that being first to market with one of these would have significant benefits.

Are there any competition to the Luxeon?

Thanks.

JollyRoger

Enlightened
With the 5W luxeon, I'm sure there will have to be some power supply changes in ARC's design....Hopefully a 2 "A" pack!!!! And perhaps a minimal (as small as can be) 2C pack?

Maybe even 3 cell packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.