Brass Arc-AAA Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, we finally put the auction up for the 8 brass Arc-AAAs on yahoo and Ebay.

We are offering 8 total, 1 at a time. Starting bid is 34.95 and increments by $1. Proceeds will be sent to DavidW to help defray the costs of providing the CPF website.

This is a limited, special edition Arc-AAA with the B2S standard white LED. There are no plans to make any more of these when they are gone.

I have said this before, but I should mention it again. Arc is not into making "collectors" or "vanity" flashlights. We make smaller/brighter tools for everyday carry. The brass Arcs where made without my request by our machine shop contractor on a lark. You happened to ask for them, so here they are. But after they are gone, we don't plan on making anymore unless the real, everyday utility of brass can be proven. Maybe with these 8 units out there being tested we will someday get that data and maybe make more of them. But right now, it is highly unlikely.

Peter Gransee

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Great collector's item!!
Are you going to put any of these on Ebay, or do them all on Yahoo?
Yahoo auctions doesn't even let you register as a bidder unless you have a %($*#ing credit card. I can do business on ebay without one.
mad.gif
cussing.gif
mad.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig,

I'd offer to bid for you, but I'm in there myself (slight conflict of interest..
frown.gif
)

Since there's a few of them, maybe the next one? Unless someone else wants to do it for you..

Anyway, I'm in with the first bid. Do your worst, guys. I'm ready for you.

Graham

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, looks like I have some serious early competition for the first one. Whoever 'JLHong' is, seems pretty serious...

Graham

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter,

Just a thought. 1 week seems a bit long for this auction - any chance it could be shortened (if not this one then the later ones). I could be wrong, but I suspect that those who really want one will get the bidding out of the way pretty quickly.

Graham

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, my nemesis. So we meet at last..
grin.gif

I've never done this auction thing before, so its a bit of an adventure for me.

I really want one of these brass Arcs though. Not quite sure how far I'll go though, until it comes to a pinch..

Graham

Edit:
Hrmm..well, I'm going to have to leave it with you for a bit. Not knowing what your proxy bid is, don't want to bump it up unnecessarily.

I may have to wait for the next one..

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Peter you are being gracious offering the proceeds to help support this forum. Thank you for being so considerate.

I am curious to see how much these truly Special Edition Arcs go for. Darrel you can buy one of these and know that it is truly a Limited run.
rolleyes.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lonewolf:
Darrel you can buy one of these and know that it is truly a Limited run.
rolleyes.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right! Now, if I only wanted one....

I'm sure once this catches fire that I'll have to jump in and do my part
smile.gif

I second what Craig said: Put these up on Ebay!

Craig -

I'll bid on one for you if you want. Shoot me an email with the details...

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if my opinion counts, please keep it on Yahoo. I suspect Peter put it there since his website is a Yahoo store, which probably makes it easier.

Graham

Darell

Flashaholic
Dang you guys! You realize that the brass freaks haven't even seen this yet, right? Wow. I applaud everybody for doing this generous thing. Looks like these auctions are quickly going to separate the men from... well... from their money.
grin.gif

- Darell

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:

Craig -

I'll bid on one for you if you want. Shoot me an email with the details...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, but I'm definitely going to let the first one go. Maybe one of the remaining ones won't go quite as high, quite as fast.
blush.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Dang you guys! You realize that the brass freaks haven't even seen this yet, right? Wow. I applaud everybody for doing this generous thing. Looks like these auctions are quickly going to separate the men from... well... from their money.
grin.gif

- Darell
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'm probably already out for the first one. I had a shot, but am moving back to 'wait and see' mode..
rolleyes.gif

Still, I wish the auction was shorter. I'm going to go crazy waiting a week to see how it finishes.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
who would use it? why would you want something that tarneshes and looks gross. you can have it
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't intend to use it if(when!) I get one - it just looks great, and this is also one of the easier ways for me to get money to David to support CPF..
In addition, brass can be *polished*.
In fact, I just got some US$ changed when I went overseas, so I can send some cash next time.

Graham

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I am suprised it is up to $80 in one day. Your right, the next auction should be 3 days or less.

I used the Yahoo auction because it ties into our storefront and really makes things easy to use.

Peter Gransee

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
An appeal for brass and practicality. Look at the high pressure connections in your plumbing fixtures (brass). Look at the seals on your propane torch (brass). Look at the connections on your natural gas line (brass). Look at industrial high pressure gas regulators (brass). Look at cartridge casings (brass).

Brass is not just pretty. Brass is practical if you really want a good seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.