how many 300+lumen led lights are there?

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i want to look at some multiple led lights. i was hoping i could get one of electro lumens multiple cree lights he's making but he said no, list is full up. where else can i get a multiple cree or some other led light putting out rop-mag85 lumens or even more?

LowTEC

Enlightened
jasonsmaglites said:
i want to look at some multiple led lights. i was hoping i could get one of electro lumens multiple cree lights he's making but he said no, list is full up. where else can i get a multiple cree or some other led light putting out rop-mag85 lumens or even more?

It's very rare to see a LED light that can have a Mag85 level of lumens, let alone the cost to make such a light :)

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
jasonsmaglites said:

We can make our XeLED-Cr7UV-R-395 lantern with seven of the white Cree XRE emitters installed (instead of the UV or blue) :)

Piers

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meduza said:
You could get in for Elektrolumens QSP, he is taking orders right now.
While only half as bright as the Stunner-XRE the quadstar phazer still produces 600 lumens at the LEDs. After my estimate of 1/3 loss at the optics, that is still 400 lumens out the front. I have one of his Little Friends-SSC. When I turn that light on it is like turning on a room light, not a flashlight. That is with only 3 instead if 4 LEDs.
The strength of thr Fraen optics is not pure throw but the BIG size of the hotspot and spill light. This is much more useful in real life situations.
You may have to hurry and decide soon. Wayne is only making 50. He has 30 preorders from last year and 4 I'll take it on his thread. Don't know how many people ordering off his website without posting.

If you want maximum throw try talking him into building you a pentalux with the SSC-P4 LEDs. The narrow beam angle of the reflectos should give a much narrower but more intense hotspot.
EDIT
Electrolumens beat me to it. He is offering a pentalux with SSC-P4 under modified flashlights.
http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=elektrolumens&product=Modified+Flashlights&cart
Pentalux
**Five Seoul Semiconductor P4 LEDs
**150 lumens each LED, 750 lumens total output
**17mm reflectors
**Three D cell batteries (nimh or alkaline)
**(This is a modified flashlight. Email us for info on what type of flashlight we use.)
**Custom made to order.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
There is the Wiseled Tactical. Just slightly under a 1000 lumens. But those are K2s and not Crees.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lexus said:
Is the B-15 a U-15 with KLC8 LEDs?

The B-15 is a U-15 using 6 x AA instead of 2 x Li-ION. It is also set to 500 mA each LED.

All our x-15's are using KLC8, highest bin. U-15, T-15 and B-15.

BTW... I need to update all the information here in CPF...

Regards,

Javier

pe6o

Newly Enlightened
Hi jasonsmaglites,
take a look at powerleds.de. They sell a maglite 3d insert with 3 Seoul P4 for 94,95 EUR. As there are two versions for different maglite 3d heads, you first gotta check the pictures (just click on the first picture on that page) and choose the right one.
A better and easier alternative, which is not even much pricier, is the maglite 3d bundled with a triple Seoul P4 for 114,95 EUR.

Just take a look-maybe it´s the solution you´re looking for.
Greetings from Germany,
pe6o

PS:I´m not affiliated with powerleds.de.

ghadlock

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the links, pe60. Since that was in German I ran the description through Google Translator and it didn't turn out quite so well... here's the translation of http://www.powerleds.de/shop/produc...ights-Triple-Seoul-P4-Upgrade-Maglite-3D.html

hehe..

In the new Future Lights Replacement are used the new Seoul Semiconductor P4 LED with a total light-current of over 550 lumens with an output of 11 Watts. By the radiator box manufactured from a piece aluminum is possible a durable enterprise with full brightness, the reflector system guarantees an excellent illuminating from distances to 40 meters The Maglite rigged with this Replacement places each light with Luxeon LED (Lenser V2 Giga chip/entire Surefire LED series), MagCharger or Maglite 5D and 6D into the shade - we guarantee that with 1 month right of revocation Those offer, were taken up a Vorgeschmack pictures which can be seen down with Sony a DSC717 with a distance of 40 meters with zoom shot. In the upper picture a commercial likes 3D with krypton shining means and blows Duracell Procell, under it the same likes 3D with Future Lights tripolarizes Seoul P4 Replacement and same batteries. The advantages tripolarize LuxeonIII Replacement: * over 550 lumens light-current opposite 80 lumens of the krypton pear * At least 50,000 hours of life span of the LED * The white color of light of 5500K corresponds to the daylight spectrum, colors and contrasts is faithfully shown * The LED Replacement is almost indestructible, failing the light and buys in addition the expensive Birnchen belongs to the past * Most flash lights with high light achievement are operated with CR123 lithium cells, you can use normal alkali batteries or also inexpensive Akkus * They receive two years warranty on the Luxeon shining means - with xenon or krypton they do not have shining averaging in corroding after the purchase a further function warranty! Please you consider it two versions of this Replacement give. With version A the internal thread goes through completely. With version B inside a paragraph is after the internal thread. In the last picture the difference is made clearly, with further questions announces [email protected] briefly

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDninja said:
While only half as bright as the Stunner-XRE the quadstar phazer still produces 600 lumens at the LEDs. After my estimate of 1/3 loss at the optics, that is still 400 lumens out the front. I have one of his Little Friends-SSC. When I turn that light on it is like turning on a room light, not a flashlight. That is with only 3 instead if 4 LEDs.
The strength of thr Fraen optics is not pure throw but the BIG size of the hotspot and spill light. This is much more useful in real life situations.
You may have to hurry and decide soon. Wayne is only making 50. He has 30 preorders from last year and 4 I'll take it on his thread. Don't know how many people ordering off his website without posting.

If you want maximum throw try talking him into building you a pentalux with the SSC-P4 LEDs. The narrow beam angle of the reflectos should give a much narrower but more intense hotspot.
EDIT
Electrolumens beat me to it. He is offering a pentalux with SSC-P4 under modified flashlights.
http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=elektrolumens&product=Modified+Flashlights&cart
Pentalux
**Five Seoul Semiconductor P4 LEDs
**150 lumens each LED, 750 lumens total output
**17mm reflectors
**Three D cell batteries (nimh or alkaline)
**(This is a modified flashlight. Email us for info on what type of flashlight we use.)
**Custom made to order.

I have a pentalux with the previous luxeon version. Let me tell you. The pentalux is no slouch. It's an incredible light with loads and loads of runtime. The seoul version should be even brighter and possibly have longer runtime.

m1ruf

Newly Enlightened
Its just a matter of time that the next generations of LEDs can surpass the brighter incandescents (SF M6, MAG-mods and the like).
Now modern LED-lights like the Fenix Crees and latley the Huntlight Cree already rival if not surpass traditional incans (P 60 style bulbs and better)?
I'm already contemplating whether my SF G2Z might be useless in the future?
I mean you can't upgrade it with any current Cree-dropins because of its plastic body (can't take the heat).

We'll see where the whole "ship" is going but ultimatley its a good thing that LEDs are getting brighter and tougher by the month now!:goodjob:

I'm yet hesitating to buy any of the new Cree lights, cause if LEDs are going to develop in the pace they are developing now, any of the current Cree lights will be outdated by the end of the year!
I'm wondering if this rush in LED-technology might continue this fast for much longer (dunno if I'm talking about years or decades here!)

Some time ago P 60 style incans were the top of the game (for edc use) and you could expect them to stay there for quite a long time. Few thought it possible for LED- technology to develop like it did and still does today.

Just my 2€ cents

Last edited:

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
thanks, alot of good information. for one thing i didn't know electrolumens "little friend" had three led's. that's good because at the same total power level, three led's would be brighter because of the efficency of cree led's at lower power levels.

to put things into perspective though, i already have a 4d mag modded with three seoul p4's with optics. it's brighter than a magcharger but not as bright as a mag60. so really i'm looking for six or more cree or seoul light. my post should have said "how many 750+ lumen led lights?"

xenopus, how much for your seven uv light modded with seoul or cree?

barbarin, tell me more about the lights you offer!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got 2 LED lights that put out over 300 lumens out the front. The first is my Quad-luxIII that has 4xUWOJ emitters driven at 1amp each. That one puts out a bit over 350 lumens. The other light is my Red Dragon. It has 3xLuxV emitters at 1amp each as well, putting out ~500 lumens.