The only lights that interest me now

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I have an Arc-LS second. I have a bunch of lights that no longer interest me.

For personal carry, I only like Arc's and SureFires.

For in the Car, I only like Arc's and SureFires, and possibly a car mounted rechargable.

For around the House, I only like Arc's SureFires, a rechargable, and a Freeplay.

The Arc's are going to be very handy around the house using up batteries that no longer run other things around the house. Im still interested in something that will allow me to use up C and D cell batteries around the house. Hopefully Arc will one day have single cell C and D sized battery packs.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Aragorn has the same problem! One option is to get a LW 3000 and 4000 if you want to burn up those C and D cells. Very nice LED lights which I highly recommend.

Spork

Enlightened
I'm selling off the lights I don't need anymore. the arc aaa seems to be just fine for close up work and getting around the house. I keep one on the night stand with a glowring attached. I have the x5 for when I need a little more light. I hope the newer one has 6400's. the lightwaves are cool but I wish they used the 6400 led's instead of the 5600's so your buying old stuff and they aren't regulated. if your handy and have a 3d mag your better off doing a luxeon mod for yourself. I want a arc ls but it will be to much money for me to spend on a flashlight.

napalm-2002

Enlightened
something that the government in america says that we cant have.but we really want them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
What's a glowring?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are Tritium filled vials with a phosphor coating wich, well, glows.
grin.gif

Here is info about them Traser

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
Interesting. I see that the vendor can not sell to the US, so how does one go about getting one?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Try CPF member Bagheera. His email: [email protected]

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
A probable reason that the Glowring is not allowed for sale in the US is that Tritium is RADIOACTIVE!! Admittedly, Tritium has a very low energy form of radiation, and as long as it stays in its container it's ok to play with. Tritium is a radioactive form of Hydrogen which means it cannot be contained in plastic (leaks through the molecules)and must be kept in something like glass. If you break a Glowring, you could have low level radioactive contamination spreading around. A better alternitaive would be some of that new glow stuff that glows for 8 hours or so after being exposed to light.

I recently retired from working in the Radiation Protection Department of a nuclear power plant. Now THERE'S a neat source of light...mega curies of radiation glowing in the storage pool!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Spork

Enlightened
i bet more radiation is put out from everyday stuff. radio towers, microwaves and endless other things. i think its just they don't want us to have it.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I know!you cant have anything fun anymore.Well-when I was a kid we used to play with M-80s wrapped in Uranium.And we loved it!!!!A couple of hours with our feet in the x-ray machine,and a pack or two of cigarettes and we were good to go.
shocked.gif

troy

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Troy:

It's been years since anyone reminded me of the X-Ray machines shoe stores used to have in the 1950's when I was a kid.

For the rest of you, these machines were supposed to show you how well your feet fit into the shoes. I guess they assumed you couldn't tell by feel or walking.

When the machines were determined to be politically and scientificaly incorrect, all common references to them seemed to disappear from various books. The guys with liability suit concerns apparently tried to rewrite history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts