cheap led keychain deal of the day

flavp5

Newly Enlightened
was into wally world tongiht and got this kit for $4

Came with the cheap multitool, mini pocket knife and led keychain

i was supprised , beats the garriety one i had on my keychain.

heres pics
DSC01198Small.jpg

DSC01202Small.jpg

garriety
DSC01204Small.jpg

wally world
DSC01205Small.jpg

MarkKLC

Newly Enlightened
HOLY, that's a good deal :drool:

That isn't a cheap multitool.... Coast is high quality. I remember that keychain light being sold locally for $30

Illum

Flashaholic
the garrity keychain drives the LED pretty hard...which turns out dimming the LED output from sparkling white to angry blue and lowered runtime:ohgeez:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
If I'm not mistaken, Coast just puts their names on LED Lenser lights? Nothing wrong with them at all!!

r0b0r

Enlightened
I thought Coast = LED Lenser ?

Just LED Lenser is one of Coast's internal brandings?

Torque1st

Enlightened
The swivel on that Coast light will break soon. So will the triangular clip that goes into the end of the light. Replace it with a S-hook. You may need to file the sides of the round ball on the end of the light making it into more of a loop. I think they make those attachment parts real flimsy so you lose the light and have to buy another one.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 Coast LED Lenser lights and although none of them are my EDC, they are by far my favorite lights. They all throw really great and have some of the best battery life I've seen. I just love these lights. You should just see the pillar of light that comes out of them when I take them out at night.

3.44 Watts/65 Lumens/V2 Tactical Power Chip/100 Hours Run Time
17025957jt6.jpg

3.44 Watts/60 Lumens/Focusing/V2 Tactical Power Chip/85 Hours Run Time
95219283wk1.jpg

2.67 Watts/22 Lumens/Dual Color/V2 Tactical Power Chip/115 Hours Run Time
dsc03874hr2.jpg

Gunner12

Flashaholic
^You know the runtime is till the LED is barely glowing right? The usable runtime is probably 1-3 hours^

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gunner12 said:
^You know the runtime is till the LED is barely glowing right? The usable runtime is probably 1-3 hours^

Well, I do believe that the run times are exaggerated for marketing purposes which is true of any light. But, my focusing one has over 20 hours on the batteries and is still just as bright as when they were new. Granted, they are E2 Lithiums, but they can't last that much loner than alkalines. The first one has over 10 hours on the batteries and is just as bright as new also. The dual color one I have only had for a few days, so I don't know how that is going to do yet, but I am guessing it will also have just as good run time as the rest.

Last edited:

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a newer(no hole in the optic) V2 3XAAA for my daughter, and on nimh's it's brighter and throws farther then my HDS B-60. But it does run down pretty quick, but not a bad light overall.also have a flexable necked thingie with a 5mm LED and a laser, fun light. VDG

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
voodoogreg said:
I bought a newer(no hole in the optic) V2 3XAAA for my daughter, and on nimh's it's brighter and throws farther then my HDS B-60. But it does run down pretty quick, but not a bad light overall.also have a flexable necked thingie with a 5mm LED and a laser, fun light. VDG

Hey VDG. What model is that and where did you find it? Thanks.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
bondr006 said:
Hey VDG. What model is that and where did you find it? Thanks.

006, I think we got it at lowes, pretty sure. It's labeled "V2" but on both coast and the german lenser site's there are a couple "V2's". One is a 3XAAA one, and if IIRC is a 123 powered light. VDG