Ideas needed: Cheap lights for a skateboard

Daravon

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for some running lights for a longboard. I've made embedded solutions before with 8mm LEDs and such, but it was silly having them on there in the daytime and they were never on the board I wanted to ride at the moment. Now I'm more inclined to just velcro some small lights on. Lighthound fauxtons would actually work, but they are fairly expensive to run...I've yet to find batteries cheaper than the light.

They don't have to be very bright, maybe ARCAAA level or so, because the ones on the board are just for spotting cracks, the surefire around my neck does the real work.

They also don't have to be convenient, cause I'll just turn them on and leave them on for the ride

They have to be cheap to run, like rechargeable AAAs or something

They have to be cheap to buy, because they will probably fall off or get broken. It would also be neat to get some red ones or even flashing for the rear.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest some Dealextreme AA lights that can use rechargeable NiMh. Light should run $5 to $10 and some Rayovac hybrids from Walmart maybe $10. Cool idea. BTW I made my first skateboard in 1960 (piece of plywood and steel roller skate wheels) and bought my first one from a store in about 1961-62.