• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Mint HDS U60 "Luxeon Lottery Winner"

charlesn

Enlightened
SOLD Well, I have to support my McGizmo Ti addiction somehow, so... up for sale is a one owner (me) shelf queen HDS U60, serial #4340 -- it is mint as received, no dings, nicks or scratches. This light is from the latest (and last) generation of U60s, featuring the knurled tail that stands on end. I previously owned and sold one of the earliest U60GTs, and I'm really impressed with the improvements made in this later generation model. The redesigned tailcap is terrific, and the HA matching of the body parts is just about perfect. However, the HDS clip was still terrible, so I changed it to the Arc 4-style clip offered by Christoph for HDS lights.

I have labeled the LED a "lottery winner" for the following reason: my McLux PD was modded with a U-bin that was tested and hand-selected for maximum brightness and whiteness from amongst a number of U-bin samples. Compared directly to that PD, this HDS appears just as bright to my eye, and the HDS tint is actually better. I find it's more of a "natural" white which renders colors more accurately, whereas the PD is a bit blue-white.

The price is $200, which includes overnight shipping CONUS. First to post "I'll take it" with no questions asked, gets it. Thanks for looking.

Last edited: