Two packs of 123's?

flash_bang

Enlightened
I was thinking it would be easier/quicker to load/replace batts if they were shrinkwrapped into two battery packages, similar to the way to get it if you order titanium cells (or that's what flashlightreviews.com said). Any idea if I can get this type of stuff at my local ace hardware or lowes and if it's a good idea or something.

have a good one, I await your replies,
Flash

tussery

Enlightened
I think the shrink wrap would add to much to the battery packs and would not fit in the flashlight. Maybe it would work if a 18650 can fit in the flashlight.

flash_bang

Enlightened
are you referring to the resulting diameter of the batteries and the shrinkwrap? As long as I get the type of wrap that's a tad thicker than the type on cd cases, then I think it might fit. any more ideas?
have a good one,
flash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most flashlights don't giv emuch wiggle room, so you would need film thin wrap, if you really want you can, but you won't miss the time difference much, battery loading takes usually under 1 minute regardless of the number of cells, 1-4.

DM51

Flashaholic
Interesting idea. Can you get thin enough shrink-tubing? It would be a good way of making sure you had sets of matched cells.

flash_bang

Enlightened
@ Illum: what did you mean by read, then post? I already knew that they sold batteries like that.

btw, I ended up just taping my batteries into twos a couple minutes ago. I was working on a car with my uncle and we needed a light, I wanted to get a new set of batts, and it took me WAY too long to change them. They've been tested (they all lit up my G2) and I got the surefires at the same time as the nuons, so I know everything's matched. Not much else to report, besides my uncle commented on how bright it was, man I was giddy!
Thanks a ton!

have a good one,
Flash

DTrain

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered 4 of the 2 packs from amondotech and what I got was two four packs of individual batteries. Not sure what happened there... :awman:

flash_bang

Enlightened
@ DTrain: Whoah! that's interesting! so two boxes of four batts each? That's weird! If I were you I'd just use scotch tape and tape 'em together, that's what I did!

Have a good one,
Flash

DTrain

Newly Enlightened
not even boxes. just 4 batteries shrink wrapped right next to each other. not end to end.

flash_bang

Enlightened
that is very strange! What are you gonna do with a brick of 123's? :thinks of making a house:
have a good one,
Flash