Rexlight 123 Clickie

jki

Newly Enlightened
Kai has information on the next light from Rexlight, a 123 CREE clickie! (He is only hosting product announcement, and will not be selling these. They will be available from Rexlight distributors only.)
This one will be available in stainless ($100) and in HAIII aluminum (lower price).
Early crude prototype pics are on Kaidomain website. It will have the five modes, plus something special to be announced.
Looks to be as small as can be made and still use CREE LED, 123, and a clickie; this is the light I have (and will) be waiting for! Probably a long wait, but at least it is in the pipeline...
I wish Rexlight had based this on the Seoul instead of the CREE so that the head would be a tad shorter, but it is still the only factory light with this form factor in the works that I am aware of.
Reverse clickie not the best, but it should work similar to the SS Civictor, which is a great light, such as it is.
Let's all hope that Rexlight delivers a quality product. Won't take much to better the Jetbeam fiasco...

jki

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the M3 has the 123 option, and the known quality and customer responsiveness of Lumapower products; these things are of significant value. But the 123 version of the M3 looks from photos to be quite long compared to the Rexlight. The clickie switch module in the Rexlight looks about as short as can be realized, and the head length is determined by the requirements of the CREE diode for good beam quality, so the Rexlight may be the first 123 clickie optimized for that format. I guess we will know soon enough when the Rexlight 2.0 arrives whether or not we should be excited about future products. What will be important is how Rexlight will handle complaints and defects...

vetkaw63

Enlightened
$100. Too late, everybody else set the precedent that, they will pay that much.
I just replaced the LED's of my favorite lights. Cheaper that way.
Mike

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
jki said:
Kai has information on the next light from Rexlight, a 123 CREE clickie!
That is interesting news. I have been waiting for somebody to make a SMALL Cree/SSC CR123 CLICKIE, I just wish (Sooooo much) that they would use a momentary clicky! Reverse should be banned.
I hope I can still get HAIII one somewhere if he isn't selling them.
jki said:
Looks to be as small as can be made and still use CREE LED, 123, and a clickie; this is the light I have (and will) be waiting for!...Reverse clickie not the best...
Yup, me too, still waiting for a tiny multi-mode CR123 Cree/SSC momentary clicky.
jki said:
Let's all hope that Rexlight delivers a quality product. Won't take much to better the Jetbeam fiasco...
I guess I was one of the lucky Jetbeam buyers, I got mine quickly and it was(is) a stellar performer. Difference was that I didn't order the problematic glow tubes, just glow paint.

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
This is a special edition Rex. We will still be able to buy the 123 clickie some time in the future for a few dollars.

mountainpenguin

Newly Enlightened
is this anything more than a rex with the 123 tube made of stainless?
i.e. will it be different electronics or just a different case?

adnj

Enlightened
You misunderstood my post. The Rexlight 123 in stainless with clickie was being discussed here:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho...15&postcount=78

Therefore, this is a duplicate of an existing thread.

jki said:
Yes, the M3 has the 123 option, and the known quality and customer responsiveness of Lumapower products; these things are of significant value. But the 123 version of the M3 looks from photos to be quite long compared to the Rexlight. The clickie switch module in the Rexlight looks about as short as can be realized, and the head length is determined by the requirements of the CREE diode for good beam quality, so the Rexlight may be the first 123 clickie optimized for that format. I guess we will know soon enough when the Rexlight 2.0 arrives whether or not we should be excited about future products. What will be important is how Rexlight will handle complaints and defects...