Dana's Double Arc Kydex sheath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darell

Flashaholic
Dana\'s Double Arc Kydex sheath

OK, after much (too much) waiting, I finally managed to take a couple of pictures of Dana's sheath. (BTW, Dana, using a mirror STILL makes for a pain-in-the-butt photographic experience... the camera doesn't know what to focus on!). No, these won't win any prizes, but it shows what the sheath is for, at least. I modified mine by tightening one of the holders for a spare battery. There's a spare in the holder in the shot, but you can't really tell. This was originally made to hold two Arcs side-by-side, but a little hot water and a squeeze created an Arc-and-spare holder that I like quite a lot. This was Dana's first Kydex project, and he did a great job!

I'm sure Dana would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

dana1.jpg
dana2.jpg

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Dana\'s Double Arc Kydex sheath

I recieved a sample from Dana as well. He's probally mad at me for not saying anything about it until now. I just kept putting it and the other 3rd party accessories on hold. Too busy!

You can place two Arc-AAAs in it and then clip it to your baseball cap for a dual beam head lamp.

Dana said that he might want Normark to make these. Is this still the plan or is Dana going to make them himself? I think he could sell plenty of these.

dual.jpg

Peter Gransee

Darell

Flashaholic

Oooh. Caught you - Star Trek nerd!
grin.gif

So what are you trying to do here, horn in on my sucking up to Dana?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Put me downn for one also! Like the idea of making one side hold a battery!

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

COOL!

Great design, great execution!

(P.S. Peter- Did you get the battery containers I sent you?)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silviron:
COOL!

Great design, great execution!

(P.S. Peter- Did you get the battery containers I sent you?)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I did. They are the other accessory I have been procrastinating on. Sorry.

Silviron sent me several brass AAA holders. I will post a picture in the "Arc Accessories" thread.

Peter

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ooh ooh! I want one too, 2 even..

That works even better than my famous Dork Cap ( (C) Darell)

Where do I sign up? Someone take my money, please!

Graham

Darell

Flashaholic

Probably the best thing to do here, is have everybody send money to me. Cash is best. Whatever amount makes you happy is fine, but please know that the more you send, the happier *I'll* be.

Then, If Dana wants to make more of these, he can decide what to charge, and you can send more money to him.

Seems like a win-win-win situation if I ever heard one.

Just to make sure we get all the kinks out of the system, why don't we start with Graham?

Standing by.

- Darell

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi folks. I'm back.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darell:
Dana, using a mirror STILL makes for a pain-in-the-butt photographic
experience
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Darell, it WAS a JOKE but glad it worked. Thanks.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter:
He's probably mad at me for not saying anything about it until now<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Peter. I'm not mad or upset at all. I know your busy with all our nagging (I want a Brass, Silver, Titanium etc., Arc). When I saw your twin Arc headlamp I almost fell out of my chair. Very innovative. Of course it would not stay there. The clip does not have enough pressure.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter:
Dana said that he might want Normark to make these.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I sent one to Normark with a note to see if he wants to make them and I have not heard back from him yet. The only reason I made the holder was I could not find one that clipped on a belt. That plus the encouragement from a certain English Gentleman.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silveron:
COOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you. From a Master such as you, I consider that the highest praise.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
I want one too, 2 even.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry Graham, Darell has to be one up on you on something at least. [j/k]

Anywho, I have more Kydex on order and if Normark doesn't want to make them I will. Also on the board is a multi 123 battery holder and maybe a Arc wrist holder.

.....I want a silver Arc.....

Edit: Hot dang. I finally figured out UBB code.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Probably the best thing to do here, is have everybody send money to me. Cash is best. Whatever amount makes you happy is fine, but please know that the more you send, the happier *I'll* be.

Then, If Dana wants to make more of these, he can decide what to charge, and you can send more money to him.

Seems like a win-win-win situation if I ever heard one.

Just to make sure we get all the kinks out of the system, why don't we start with Graham?

Standing by.

- Darell
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now come on, Darell. You're trying to take advantage of me, right? Next thing you'll be telling me that I can buy a brass Arc AAA or something.
tongue.gif

Seriously, if more of these are made I would be interested in one. Please let me know..

Graham

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Probably the best thing to do here, is have everybody send money to me. Cash is best. Whatever amount makes you happy is fine, but please know that the more you send, the happier *I'll* be. Darell<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Darell,
I'm putting my money in the mail to you as we speak. Now just hold your breath until it gets there. Should be anytime now.
rolleyes.gif
TX
wink.gif

Adam S.

Newly Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phred:

Anyhow, I have more Kydex on order and if Normark doesn't want to make them I will. Also on the board is a multi 123 battery holder and maybe a Arc wrist holder.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dana:
This thread shows a holder I made out of Kydex. Kydex CR123 belt holder
It was through your posts that I learned about Kydex, and some links you gave helped me learn how to use it. Thank you for sharing so much usefull information. Also your arc carrier looks great!
smile.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the idea of two Arc-AAA's in this arrangement much much better than the idea of an Arc-AAA and battery.

There are several reasons why.

1. When you need a single Arc light, grab it. No advantage here.

2. When the light your using drops into moon mode, if its enought light, keep on using it milking the battery for all its worth. If its not, grab the second light and no changing of batteries while your busy.

3. A big reason is that you can turn them both on when more light than one Arc-AAA can provide.

4. If for some reason you want more than one colored light, ya got it in one neat package.

5. You have a flat anti-roll package that you can also clip to things.

I might like to have one of these things.

Darell

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonSidneyB:
I like the idea of two Arc-AAA's in this arrangement much much better than the idea of an Arc-AAA and battery.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And well you should. The beauty of my major modification is that with NO OTHER tweaking, I can carry a battery OR a second AAA light. The second light just fits a bit tighter. But it is very usable. I just tightened it a couple of milimeters, and there is plenty of spring in this design (unlike the tube design).

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phred:
When I saw your twin Arc headlamp I almost fell out of my chair. Very innovative. Of course it would not stay there. The clip does not have enough pressure.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What sort of clip is used? Or is it just part of the material folded over?
The cap-mount idea was what really grabbed me (not Darells stylish and sophisticated modelling, sorry
tongue.gif
)
Can the clip be improved to be stronger? I'd really like to get one of these...

Graham

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Graham. I do not think it will work on a cap as made now. Here is what I based my holder on. Arc holder . I have some Kydex grommets on order. I might be able to be more creative mounting spring clips with them. First, I am going to make a multi-123 battery holder that has been requested. After that, anything goes. I have nothing against Nylon pouches except I want to be able to remove stuff from a belt without taking the belt off. ;> )

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

I see. Well, I had a feeling it was something like that. Ah well.. the dork cap ( (c) Darell ) will have to wait a bit longer..

Graham

mikep

Enlightened

Dana and Adam,
What thickness Kydex did you use for your projects? Where did you order it from?
Also- what do you use to cut the kydex material?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Mike. I used 0.0625 because thinking thinner would be easier. I now am waiting on a delivery of .0625 and some .90 to try the thicker stuff. My first order was to Jantz Supply but my present order is with www.texasknife.com because they carry grommets for Kydex. Here is a Kydex link for you. Jahn had sent me another link but I lost it. Maybe if he reads this he will repost the link.
Adam, where did you buy from and nice work on your holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.