• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WITHDRAWN: Milky/Leef 180/REDUCED/Last price Drop

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale, prices include shipping US...............PM me for "overseas" sale........
First to post "I'll take it" in thread; NO Trades, please don't ask; PayPal preferred; NO e-checks, please. PM for Paypal. Shipping USPS Priority, Insurance included. $320 (Am selling, as simply, too many lights!) NOW $295 Now, $265

This Milky /Leef creation uses the 1st Leef body made in this style (per Leef, whom I bought from)

The new Leef 18650 body for "M" series is very well made, anodized perfectly and as you see below, makes a very small, very powerful light with flatline regulation (170 lumens) for 125 minutes..when combined with Milky's M-180 head. The battery fits nicely with no rattle.

The beam is very bright and large corona due to (3) McR16 reflectors. (good spill, as well).

121961826-M.jpg

121961789-M.jpg
121961841-M.jpg
121961807-M.jpg

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Milky/Leef 180

Is that the M3 scalloped head? I've got the same light in the KL2 host and love it. Great phots BTW!

I've got some beamshots here in case it helps anyone. This thing has a wonderful beam pattern for outdoors use (hopefully the beamshots illustrate this).

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Milky/Leef 180

Light is in new condition with less than 1 hour runtime; never carried.Condition is exactly as received.

Thanks for looking.

jeffb

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Milky/Leef 180/REDUCED

Evening Bump with price reduction.

jeffb

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Milky/Leef 180/REDUCED

(3) 1W SWOH LED's here are comments from Milky re this light.

" * The head uses 3x McR16 reflectors.

* The design goal is 180 lumens overall output, and that's pretty much what it does once one accounts for tolerance in the semiconductors (sense resistor for example), variance in emitter performance, and the imprecision of our homestyle lumen measurement apparatus. Leef's lightbox seems to register about 10 LBU per lumen, and the M180 head pumps out 1750-1800 LBU in his tests with all cell types. I suspect the real output was identical in all cases but that minor variations in test procedure caused him to get slightly different readings. (He took the readings over the course of a few different days.)

* Head never gets more than lukewarm even after extended runtime.

* The overall length of the exact package Leef shows is a bit LESS then 6 inches. :naughty:

* Can run on pretty much any cell type so long as the nominal input voltage doesn't exceed 10V... so 1x Li-ion cell (3.6V) works, 2x Li-ion cells (7.2V) work, but 3x Li-ion (10.8V) is a bad idea.

jeffb

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Milky/Leef 180/REDUCED/Last price Drop

Last Price reduction to $265

Thanks for looking.

jeffb

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Evening Bump :)

jeffb

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, this thing is almost so low that I'm thinking about buying it back myself. By my calculations, the body and tailcap would cost $100, LeefRing would cost $7, M3 head would cost $65, circuitry would cost $25, and 3x McR16 reflectors inside would cost $48, and that's without factoring shipping for all those items into the equation. If my math is correct, this would mean the potential buyer would be paying $20 for the 3x Lux1 S-flux emitters (still no slouch despite no longer being absolute top of the heap), heatsink, all incidentals, assembly, and shipping to your doorstep. That's just crazy! :ohgeez:

In this day and age of Cree and Seoul emitter mania, you'd still be hard-pressed to find a light capable of 180 lumens off a single 18650 cell for 2 hours with perfect regulation start to finish... in other words, 180 lumens in the first minute, and still 180 lumens in the 118th minute.

Heck, if somebody wants to get this puppy upgraded to an M273 (273 lumens using Seoul emitters), send it my way. I'll do the upgrade for $75 plus the return shipping.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast

As nice as this light is right now, the M273 mod is just great! :rock:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMHO I'd keep it at the M180 level. No excessive heat, completely flat runtime for 2 hours on a single 18650, and more than enough light for most uses.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck, I REALLY like the light, so I will keep and when (if) time to sell, take Milky up on his offer to upgrade the LED's.

I bought it for the regulation and long run time for walks and other uses.

Just an observation, but interest in anything but Cree or Seoul seems apparent.

Have some great lights (this is one)that are Luxeon/s and very bright and white.

I have a number of McGizmo, TnC, Spy, Surefire lights that are not Cree's or Seouls and are very useful, surely IMO need no LED upgrade??!!

jeffb