Anyone successfully taken apart RR 2xAAA?

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking that the light pill had been pressed in from the front but when I tried to gently press it out from the back all it did was move forward slightly. Now the beam is slightly more floody and the small hole of the reflector is a little distorted. The blue color of the light was starting to get to me.
TIA, John...

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
roverjohn said:
I was thinking that the light pill had been pressed in from the front but when I tried to gently press it out from the back all it did was move forward slightly. Now the beam is slightly more floody and the small hole of the reflector is a little distorted. The blue color of the light was starting to get to me.
TIA, John...

Is this the same light but in AA?
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/155609
Otherwise,looks like a very fun mod.

loving light

Newly Enlightened
I just bought the 2aa version yesterday I love it!I think it is a great search type light(looking around your property)I WILL put a cree into this(this will be my first mod)I do not understand why no one likes these?I think it is perfect to look around,not go walking in unfamiliar territory.Sorry if I got of topic!

lhivernant

Newly Enlightened
roverjohn said:
I was thinking that the light pill had been pressed in from the front

I'm pretty sure you are correct. However, I think the lens is glued (or a very tight press fit) in to hold the guts in place. I've never actually tried very hard to get mine apart, though. If you can manage to get the lens out I believe the rest will drop right out.

Joel

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
lhivernant said:
I'm pretty sure you are correct. However, I think the lens is glued (or a very tight press fit) in to hold the guts in place. I've never actually tried very hard to get mine apart, though. If you can manage to get the lens out I believe the rest will drop right out.

Joel

Then that is what I'll try because the blueness of the light is a bit much to handle.