Target new lights

DaveG

Enlightened
Spotted Dorcy Turtle style yellow 4-aa,0.5 watt,scan at 9.95 or so.The black Dorcy led that runs on 6-aaa, not sure on the price on this one.And the Nite-ize one watt/IQ switch 19.99.

lumenal

Enlightened
The local Target has completely revamped their flashlight section. Everything from new keychain lights to rechargeable LED flashlights. I counted 24 new LED items.
The usual brands, like Dorcy, Energizer, Brinkmann, Riverrock and a couple unknown companies are represented.

For instance, Riverrock now has a K2 headlamp, a 3AA K2 lantern, a Lux I 1AA flashlight, and a 2AA camo-colored Lux III light with momentary, and then twist for on ( like the RR 2AAA). The Lux I is $22.99, and the Lux III is $24.99.

Dorcy has its 6AAA K2 LED along with a couple cheaper type LED's.

Energizer and Brinkmann are both offering new 1 watt rechargeable LED lights, as well as new, aluminum based 1 and 3 watt lights. ( Think Brinkmann 3 watt LED in slightly shorter, aluminum, and a little uglier, at $24.99.)

I bought the RR 1AA 1 watt (with reflector) and pocket-clip. Its OK, has a nice white tint, but there are a couple strange off-balance artifacts at the very edge of the spill-beam. The clip is like the RR 2AAA, but alot stronger. I'll probably take it back; its hard to get too excited about anything non Cree or SSC.

I didn't see any new Inovas, except for the reflectored XO3. ( The 3AA MagLED is there now also, at the same price as the 2AA - $24.99.)

Keep an eye out on your local Target, theres different lights on the way...

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
The RR 3watt lux III is yet another Nuwai X3 which means it's a good light but why not buy the same light at Cabelas for $19.99? The Cabelas version has a better looking bezel but doesn't have a camo finish.
John...

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
I saw these this morning, and was contemplating buying the 1AA Lux, but I already have a Civictor.
The K2 lantern may find its way to my house, and my old RR lantern may move to the GFs house.
I bought enough of the old style lantern for all my family while they were on clearance.

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
JoeBob said:
I saw these this morning, and was contemplating buying the 1AA Lux, but I already have a Civictor.
The K2 lantern may find its way to my house, and my old RR lantern may move to the GFs house.
I bought enough of the old style lantern for all my family while they were on clearance.

Is this 1AA Lux a light that has a very tight beam like many of the River Rocks of last year? How does it compare to the Inova 1AA?

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several new River Rock lights @ Target!!

I stopped by my local Target tonight and they had several new RR lights I had not seen before. The new lantern has a Lux K2 LED in it, 3 mode switch (high, low, off) and takes 3 AAs and sold for $24.99- looked like an awesome lantern to replace the first one- even had a frosted shield around the LED, like they maybe follow CPF. There was a camouflaged 2AA 3W Lux for $24.99. There also was a 1AA 1W Lux regulated (stated 2 hr runtime) with a clip for $22.99.

Now if I could just win the lottery so I could buy all of them.

Anyone seen these yet?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
New lights at Target

Man, just got back from 4 different Targets in my area. I was looking for the NiteIze 1W dropin for the minimag but the first store didnt have any.

I was also on the lookout for these alleged Brinkmann 3W lights for $5 but didnt find those anywhere. But they DID have some River Rock lights on extra EXTRA clearance. The silver 2xAAA light was $2.50, the 4xAA lanterns were $5, the headlamps were $3.75 and they had one red Inova keychain light for $1.75. I got 2 headlamps, 3 lanterns and the one 2xAAA and the one Inova lights they had left.

Went to the next store. They did have the NiteIze dropin with the IQ switch for $20, but I felt guilty for having bought so much stuff at the last store that I put off the NiteIze module for a couple weeks. They also had a new style Brinkmann 3W 3xAAA light that is black and silver metal vs the rubber and plastic light that looks like the Maxfire. Oddly, it is $5 less than the plastic/rubber jobbie.

Went to a third Target (a more upscale Target, whatever that means
thinking.gif
and they had several new lights from River Rock. They had:

1xAA 1W light in black. Pretty tactical looking for those that care about such things. Reverse clickie. $23.

3xAA 3W K2 Lantern. Similar to the old style lantern, except has the K2 and runs on 3 AA cells instead of 4 as in the previous version. ~$25.

3W K2 headlaps. Didn't catch how many of which type of cells it runs, but it looks like it had an optic rather than a reflector. ~$25.

3W camo light that looks just like the Nuwai X3. ~$20.

The only one I picked up was the 1xAA light mostly because it looks so darned cool. Nice beam, pretty tight hotspot. I'll do some comparison shots against an L1P. Mine does have a slightly violet tint which is my least favorite tint but if I can get the head open, I'll mod it with an SSC at some point.

Last edited:

lumenal

Enlightened
martytoo said:
Is this 1AA Lux a light that has a very tight beam like many of the River Rocks of last year? How does it compare to the Inova 1AA?

No, the very tight moon-beam of the River Rocks are gone (at least on the new models). There is now a reflector.

The RR 1AA Lux is much brighter, and whiter, than the current Inova 1 AA (the X1), since its using a 5mm Nichia LED.

However, I anticipate the as of yet unreleased 2007 version of the Inova 1AA (X1) to be much brighter than the current model, as its supposed to be using a K2 LED with reflector.

And if you already have a Civictor, there is definitely no need to pick up this new RR 1AA.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just checked out the K2 Lantern... it looks really sweet... I'll wait to see if someone can confirm though that you can get access to the LED so that it can be switched to a SSC LED....

I wanna see the K2 headlamp!

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
Man I only have 1 target in my area and they don't have any of this new stuff :(

DaveG

Enlightened
Stopped in a Target tonight,all kinds of new lights to check out.:)

ideefixe

Newly Enlightened
I bought the River Rock 1W AA light tonight and it's quite nice. It resembles a mini version of the Surefire C2. The aluminum at the battery end is thick (similar to the Fenix L1D-CE), not paper thin like other lights. It's not too exciting running this thing w/ AA's...but put in a 14500 and wow it's bright! It must be running in direct drive mode. The head does get warmer though but not hot. My 14500 was already somewhat discharged before I tested it in the RR (measured 3.84v)

ideefixe

Newly Enlightened
Yes, you're right it appears to be a rebadged Nuwai X-1 with some minor differences:

- the design on the head and tailcap are different on the RR
- RR has a metal clip
- X-1 is grey?, RR is black
- X-1 advertised 40 lumens, RR advertised 42 lumens

The RR 1 W AA also has a Nuwai-ish part number: R-TM321XSE6

jthomson111 said:
I was at target and was tempted to purchase the River Rock 1W AA light, is it the same as the Nuwai X-1?
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_x-1.htm

Last edited:
Does K2 have a chance now? It was the hottest thing for a very short period, but it's not talked about anymore after Seoul and Cree came out.

benyosh

Newly Enlightened
Nuwais Cree offerings look intriguing, especially their upcoming X-Glow headlamp which uses 2xCR123 batteries. I also just picked up a Dorcy L.E.D. 4AAA torch, they claim 25 lumens. Has a Princetec-like look with a lightly orange-peeled reflector. Output has a small, slightly deformed, hotspot with a decent amount of spill. The front package claims it consumes 0.5 watts so i'm hoping this little baby will last a long time between batt changes. Not bad for $10.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
lumenal said:
The local Target has .... a 2AA camo-colored Lux III light with momentary, and then twist for on ( like the RR 2AAA). ... the Lux III is $24.99.

Just returned from my nearest Target store which has most if not all of the new lights. The number on the 3W 2AA package is TM320XCA3. I may have copied the last 'A' incorrectly. Except for the coloring, it looks identical to the Nuwai TM320XCE3, shown here:

http://www.nuwai.com.tw/3_watt_luxeon_led/tm_320xce3.htm