Are the fish biting there?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've been catching energetic white bass, a few hybrids, some small stripers (released), and some gorgeous crappie.

Caught a 5 pound hybrid on 8lb test. That was fun. I'm going to try a "fish en papillote" recipe on those fillets.

They are biting here. Are they biting there?

- Jeff

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
where by the river? what the heck is a 'hybrid' ?? something with three eyes that escaped from Mr. Burns' pond ??

I saw the fishing boats out on the water, but didn't get the binoculars to see if they were having any luck..sometimes there's so much fish out there 5 different kinds of birds flock by the hundreds to feed on them, with the dolphins doing their bubble dance thing (to heard the fish) it can be quite a spectacle! ..something to do with the dense growth of kelp in this area, due to rocks rolling down the mountains, I kid you not, into the ocean at just the right depth for the kelp to anchor..

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rags -

There are sauger (like walleye) in the river. Sometime rookies that don't recognize them will try to "lip" them. Mistake. They have sharp teeth. Very tasty fish though.

TTL -

What we call a hybrid is a cross between a white bass and a striper. They get big and fight well. To me they taste much better than a striper.

I would imagine getting a good seafood dinner in your neighborhood is not a problem.

jds009 -

You haven't been fishing yet? What are you thinking? It's spring break! Oh, wait a minute. It's spring break. Young men have other, more interesting things to think about. The girls are schooling right now.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i may go today ice.hect maybe ill go in a few minutes.one of my couclers will be here at a little after 8 am.and i cant sleep.i caufggt a striper a few months ago.but seems like cat fish is alll i can get lately.i love fishing but i preafre it at night