• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Xre or SCC for throw?

LowTEC

Enlightened
For all you pros out there, what do you think that will have more throw, XRE with MCR 19XR or SCC with MCR20S? Thanx

Mod please move it to the right forum, sorry

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
LowTEC said:
For all you pros out there, what do you think that will have more throw, XRE with MCR 19XR or SCC with MCR20S? Thanx

Mod please move it to the right forum, sorry

Since these days higher Cree bins are not available, the SSC U-bin solution.
In combination with an Asperical Lens, the Cree.

Best regards

____
Tom

Gary123

Enlightened
From what I have been told from some modders I have spoken with, comparing emitters, the Cree XR-E projects more of a spot than the Seoul.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can tell you that my 27LT Cree throws harder than my 27LT-S. Not near as nice of a beam though.

-Goatee

digitaleos

Enlightened
Here's a comparison for you. First photo is an Aleph A19 XR-E with a NG750 using the McR19, the second photo is a TNC 20mm head with McR-20s reflector and the light engine is a Seoul Flupic. Both lights had freshly charged 3.7v Li-ions. The shed is approximately 50 feet away.

Chris

Aleph A19

TNC 20mm

LowTEC

Enlightened
Thanx for the pix, but can you describe them a little bit? Cuz from what I've seen on the screen they are close and seems like the aims were off. The XRE seems like point more down left and the SCC seems like point upper right?

LowTEC

Enlightened
:)> said:
I can tell you that my 27LT Cree throws harder than my 27LT-S. Not near as nice of a beam though.

-Goatee

Sounds like the Cree does have a better throw.

I thought I was going for SCC this time as I already have 3 single XRE lights lol.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
With a Mag reflector the Seoul is better for throw. My first Cree measured around 15k lux at 1 meter. The Seoul powered hit 20k Lux with a much nicer beam.

Mac