Impatients

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
There seems to be a general lack of patience, especially amongst newish members.

Along the lines of:

1) I emailed a supplier 10 seconds ago, and they have not responded yet !

2) I wrote a letter to a supplier, and posted it this morning, and they have not replied yet !

3) I phoned up a supplier at 3am today, and they did not answer the phone !

Anyone else notice this unwelcome trend ?

Also

4) I bought this really cheap torch, and I am unhappy with it, what can I do ?

I suppose if they weren't impatient, they would take the time to research (CPF) , and not find the need for multiple threads on the same subject, and to open up Closed threads elsewhere.....

It must be very annoying for long standing CPF members to keep seeing the same topics raised yet again.

I've only been here just over a year, and am on the brink of giving up on regularly visiting CPF for these very reasons.

5) Suppliers website is down, no it's up, no it's down ................

(Yes, the thread title is spelt correctly, it refers to the people, not the practise, even though there is no such word)

Last edited:

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
People who don't have the patients to do research before posting, I usually don't bother answering their questions.

Some suppliers like David build such a reputation for himself that if he slips up once, he gets bashed for ignoring emails. Having good customer service sucks sometimes...

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed, abvid, in fact I posted on that very subject, in Jeers, a couple weeks ago. This instantaneous, internet, gratification that some guys demand is new to me. Back when I wuz a boy...

Regarding revisiting old topics...well, they were new to us as one point, too. With all the new members present, I don't read the percentage of threads I once did and if the titles are accurate, I can just bypass certain topics.

It takes some of us awhile to stumble around in the internet darkness before we become more enlightened. I still stumble but it's way more fun, now, with my nice lights. These are CPF's growing pains, I guess.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm impatient with people who don't take time to edit their posts. Oh, wait, I promised I wouldn't do that anymore. Oh, hell. Damn, I didn't even read the whole post, now I'm impatient with myself for not doing that. I think I need another beer :drunk:. There must be more of us out there (impatients).

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Greenlight although I have done it myself. Also people who use too many
apostraphe's, oh wait i've don'e that to'o. LOL! orr eff theye cannt cpel two
goode. I have done that too! :) Just havin some fun UK!

Last edited:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
abvid - I agree with your above post.
But you need to way it up with some positive things that are going on around here. Highlights for me have been Orb's new prototype, Glockboys mad 10 cree homemade light, wave_particles selling something unknown thread, the list goes on.