Wolf Eyes Cree LED DOA?

edc3

Enlightened
Has anyone who has gotten their Wolf Eyes Cree lamp had any problems? I received mine today, put it in my 6AX and nothing. :mad:

Is there something I'm missing or is my lamp a dud? I'm disappointed, to say the least, after waiting 6 weeks since my order was placed. And it looks like it is sold out until April 9th (or later).

I've emailed PTS already, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one with problems.

Thanks!

Idan

Newly Enlightened
flip the direction of the bateries and don't look directly into the light:laughing:

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
I received mine today and it's my G2's new best friend. :) I'm suprised the reflector has such a small diameter though...

- Chris

edc3

Enlightened
Well, just in case the polarity is opposite the incandescent lamp, I turned the batteries around. Nothing. When I connect the LED lamp directly to a battery with wires, it works. In the light, it doesn't.

:huh2:

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Did you get it with the optional spring? I did since I'm using it in a G2, but you might need it as well. I'm not certain though as I'm not familiar with your host, but it sounds like a contact issue -- which is ultimately good as you know the module isn't DOA. :)

- Chris

edc3

Enlightened
I did get it with the optional spring, which is for Surefire. I tried it anyway, but it didn't fit with the extra spring on. The host is a Wolf Eyes 6AX. It does seem like a contact issue, but I can't discount the possibility that I'm doing something retarded. I'll see what PTS has to say. Thanks for the suggestions.

Idan

Newly Enlightened
That is strange... I have few WE's including luxeon LA and played a bit to see what could have gone wrong.found nothing .bad contact probably. hope Mike in PTS can solve that for you.

edc3

Enlightened
My experience so far with PTS has been great, so I expect that it will be solved promptly.

edc3

Enlightened
Just a quick update on this. I got an email from Mike at PTS this morning. Apparently Wolf Eyes has changed their tailcap design slightly and this is why the Cree module is not working in my 6AX. Mike is sending me a new tailcap and this should take care of the problem.
:goodjob: