Might be getting a job

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was offered a job by someone from my church who operates a warehouse in City of Industry. He sells computer components over the internet.

Anyway, my job is mainly to help maintain his website ( www.pcimicro.com ) and update the products pages. I may also be doing some packing and shipping in the warehouse area as well as checking and updating the inventory.

I already had a little "interview" today and we discussed my working hours and some of the things I had to do. Overall, I should be able to handel it along with my classes. I still need work on and send in a resume though. If all goes well, I may probably begin work the following week.

Last edited:

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am trying to work on a good resume right now. One of the problems I have as with most first time job seekers is no previous work expereince.

I did put some skills in computer application and web design that I gained from High School.

Any other suggestions ?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats!

Make sure your resume includes any volunteer experience or miscellaneous credentials you've acquired, like CPR training for example.

Remember: new job = more flashlights!

(Whoa... I just proofread this post before submitting it, and I realized that I had initally written "CPF training" instead of "CPR training." If I was someone else, I'd be laughing at me.)

Glen C

Enlightened
Good luck Andrew, I suggest you ask someone like a neighbour or parent what your good points are. I am sure they will list many you haven't thought of like honesty, responsible, etc. Good luck

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My grandfather gave this advice when I went for my first job interview - " give a firm handshake, then wait to be asked to sit down".
Good luck.

Tooner

Newly Enlightened
Since you have already had a first interview write a short thank you note for the interview. Get it done NOW. Include a few tid bits of the knowledge you gained from that interview about the job and how your skills and knowledge can help the business suceed. Don't go overboard though, keep it short, one or two paragraphs is plenty.

Also, if you go on a second interview don't forget to ask for the job. This is best done in person. Most find this easy action the hardest to do for personal reasons (pride, etc,) so they don't ask. But it is very powerful, and will help to seperate you from the rest of the pack. How are they going to know that you really want to be part of the team if you don't ask?

Good luck!

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
The resume only gets your foot in the door, its the interview that sells them. I'm assuming, that the interviewer knows that this will be your first job, and is aware that your resume will not be extensive. Being that you know the person from church, is a good sign. You say "interview" with quotes, so this is more of an informal type of thing? Or are you actually competing with other applicants?

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
whoa... a "warhouse"....:bumpit:

do they make wars in there?

i am joking lol.

good luck on the job! those cpu heatsinks sure looks mean.

Last edited: