Frogwatch Group Blinds Toads w/Bright Lights

CLHC

Flashaholic
http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20070326/4608a4d0_3421_1334520070327-1909928644

Here's an excerpt from the news link above regarding an Australian environmental group that catches frogs by blinding them with bright lights; operation "Toad Buster".

As part of its so-called "Toad Buster" project, Frogwatch conducts regular raids on local water holes, blinding the toads with bright lights then scooping them up by the dozen.

Anyone here find that to be so with bright lights and frogs? Just curious that's all.

Enjoy!

tradderran

Newly Enlightened
CHC said:
http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20070326/4608a4d0_3421_1334520070327-1909928644

Here's an excerpt from the news link above regarding an Australian environmental group that catches frogs by blinding them with bright lights; operation "Toad Buster".

Anyone here find that to be so with bright lights and frogs? Just curious that's all.

Enjoy!
Yes that is the way we hunt them down hear inTexas. Blind them then gig them
Then take them home clean them and then deep fry them. Great eating.:popcorn:

Led_Blind

Enlightened
I do on ocation go toad hunting up noth, they are absolute pests. To make an eveining of it, bring beer, some bright flashlights and one old heavy iron or wood :D

You wouldnt want to eat these nasty slob toads but i do manage wack them around 50meters!

CLHC

Flashaholic
But this article says that they've found a "MONSTER" toad about the size of a small dog. I wonder if they needed the flashlight to spot this one out. Another thing that's mentioned is that these are toxic toads.

Led_Blind

Enlightened
Hell yeah, very toxic.

The canetoad was introduced to Queensland a while back to manage another pest but soon became a pest all on its own.....

CLHC

Flashaholic
That's what similarly happened in the Philippines. Introducing another species of frogs or toads to control some pesky problem and in turn becoming a very BIG problem afterwards. The introduction of these "newer" leapers found themselves devouring the other frogs indigenous to the area. Don't know how that kind of affects the "eco system" since I'm no biologist/zoologist. . .