stupid question...

lys_og_varme

Newly Enlightened
I have the Fenix L1P, looking into getting the 2xAA body. That would make it a L2P.

Now for the stupid part: Is it possible to make the L1p tube wider, to accept a CR123? (don`t know a lot about batteries, but thought that 1 CR 123=2xAA)....

In this way I would get a L1p sized L2p:huh2:

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1P and the L2P have different circuits in the head, using the L1P on 2 Cells
could damage the electronics

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you will improve the L1P swap the Led.
I changed the stock LuxI to an Edixeon........much more brightness with the stock circuit and the same single AA-nimh cell, no modifications at the reflector necessary.

Stock:

L1P-stock.jpg

L1P-Edix:

L1P-Edixeon.jpg

Best regards

____
Tom

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Fenix L1P, looking into getting the 2xAA body. That would make it a L2P.
Now for the stupid part: Is it possible to make the L1p tube wider, to accept a CR123? In this way I would get a L1p sized L2p:huh2:
1st: might be possible, remove the rubber seal at the body an measure material diameter there. If at least 1-2 mm wider than a CR123, I would say: have it done.

2nd: make a search on the L1P. I am sure there were such treads and also think I remember the L1P head could not stand this more power (not too sure about the latter one. There was something with the LxP head being surprisingly better in regulation, but not sure if was 1P with 2 AA compared to 2P head, or 2P head on just 1 AA compared to 1P, ...)

PS: a 5-10 Ohms resistor carefully soldered into the head. With a spring to make contact to the "+" of the battery just be4 one screws the head on full to the body, changes You P to a homemade T. Did this with my L2P.
:)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The L1P's circuit will fry with 3volts going through it. Well, it won't fry but it will be damaged if left on for any period of time. Making the inside of the L1P's tube wider would make the flat sides a LOT thinner and weaker, I wouldn't recommend it. Fenix store had Cr123 bodies for sale and they are only supposed to work with the L2P.

Your question is not stupid, that's why you are here, to ask questions and learn. Even Einstein asked questions.