AAA and LS LED colors discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh No! I`m a collector. I have to buy things that aren`t avaliable any more. I can feel the urges....

....must.....buy....yellow.....Arc.....

....but it says they`re out of stock? Are they all gone already?

confused.gif

aso

Enlightened
Does this mean that those of us with backordered first run LS colors will have the order cancelled?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
Oh No! I`m a collector. I have to buy things that aren`t avaliable any more. I can feel the urges....

....must.....buy....yellow.....Arc.....

....but it says they`re out of stock? Are they all gone already?

confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed. We currently have at least a few of each Arc-AAA color.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aso:
Does this mean that those of us with backordered first run LS colors will have the order cancelled?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have enough colored LEDs to ship all LS back orders. Your order should not be canceled.

--

Btw, just to let you know. We believe this streamlining is a good thing. It will help us save time on products we hardly ever ship and spend it on products we are back ordered on.

Peter

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay
grin.gif

And I couldn`t resist tacking on a red and old-blue one too. Well, they`re going to be rare one day.....imagine what they`ll be worth in 50 years when LEDs have taken over incandescents, Arc is bigger than Mag, SF, Streamlight and all the others put together, and Darell is Grand High Leader of the Universe
grin.gif

OK maybe that`s going a bit too far
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

It is a bit of a shame you`re downsizing the range- but if it ensures the continued avaliability and quality of Arc lights then it`s worth it.
Probably not a lot of point me reviewing these colours now (other than my Turquoises), but I may run a special feature on them- Special features will be an occasional part of the Torch Reviews Site when I want to cover things that aren`t really review-able.

wink.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:
Old Blue inventory liquidation.

We have about 50 version 2.2 blue LED Arc-AAAs that we are liquidating. These have the type II finish and are shipped in a zip lock. Normally 24.95, we will include a Duracell AAA and sell them for $14.95 each.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bargain! I'm in for a couple! Hadn't worried much about getting a blue one before, but at this price you can't go wrong..

Graham

Evan

Enlightened
Thanks for the warning. Just went over to Tripple Aught and completed my spectrum while it's still possible.

I'm not so sure this reduction in AAA colors is such a good idea, the LS is always out of stock and a bit pricy to boot. So what will folks buy after they have a white, a turquoise/EV, and a UV? Funny you're still selling only the ones I have.

Oh yeh, guess I'll need another UV someday, my brother liked it...

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:
So just what is so special about turquoise that it can stay on the list?

YC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd guess that it is probably the most popular after white..I think it is also the brightest.
I suspect that the decision is probably based on sales history. White and Turqoise are probably the highest selling ones, although I don't know about UV..
Narrowing down the LS range probably makes sense too, given the quality problems. Although cancelling the cyan LS surprises me - I thought this was one of the brightest and most useful colours, after white?
Anyway, I'm sure this makes sense as a business decision - Arc Flashlight has to think about the market it wants to sell to, and I think that the market for flashlights other than white is probably fairly limited..

Graham

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
I'd guess that it is probably the most popular after white..I think it is also the brightest.
I suspect that the decision is probably based on sales history. White and Turqoise are probably the highest selling ones, although I don't know about UV..
Narrowing down the LS range probably makes sense too, given the quality problems. Although cancelling the cyan LS surprises me - I thought this was one of the brightest and most useful colours, after white?
Anyway, I'm sure this makes sense as a business decision - Arc Flashlight has to think about the market it wants to sell to, and I think that the market for flashlights other than white is probably fairly limited..

Graham
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right you are. Without giving away any freebies: we sell many times more white than say red or the other colors. We used a formula to determine which colors got nixed. The only sacred cow left is the LS orangish-red which I kept because it is the brightest LS right now. Not sure if it will actually sell though.

I was sad at first to see the colors go, I like all the beautiful hues and each color has utility. But they were putting drag on the company. Having to choose between a improved white and more hues, I choose the improved white. Fortunately, you agree as evidenced by our sales figures.

Had another meeting today on efficiency. Some other changes being considered. Although I don't like to give details to our competition, I do try to give you a heads up whenever possible.

Btw, the month of April has been our highest grossing month in the history of the company. Of course I also blew through more money than ever before, but that is another story...
smile.gif

Peter Gransee

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
when LEDs have taken over incandescents, Arc is bigger than Mag, SF, Streamlight and all the others put together, and Darell is Grand High Leader of the Universe
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After I abolish Daylight Saving Time, force the US to embrace the metric system and ban the burning of fossil fuels, THEN I'll outlaw incandescents.

While I think this streamlining is an excellent business decision (coming from a guy who owns ALL white LED lights except for a Turquoise EV, and a red PIII for the dog flasher) I'm a bit worried about the time when the efficiency expert decides Peter shouldn't waste his time on the CPF. When that day comes (or has it come already?) I'll be REALLY upset. At that point, I'll accelerate my rise to Supreme Ruler so I can more easily bestow the extra hours in each day for Peter to continue his visits here.

Oh, it must be late. Even *I* don't know what I'm talking about now...

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter...

Thanks for the heads up on discontinuing some of your LED colors, but boy...

Just when I thought I could finally cut down on my spending, I now ended up buying a whole bunch of your "discontinued" lights tonight.

This is like Y2K all over again!

shocked.gif

But hey...I`ll be ready!

grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Darell, I think I need to borrow your bank card again.
blush.gif

I want to snag a blue Arc-AAA and a blue (royal blue?) LS before they're all gone, and I can't place an actual order on the site without the little square of plastic.
tongue.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Met with an efficiency expert this weekend over how to streamline and improve our lead times. As a result, we are discontinuing the following LED colors.

Discontinuing in Arc-AAA:
red
infrared
orange
yellow
green
blue

Keeping in Arc-AAA:
white
turquoise
ultraviolet

Discontinuing in Arc-LS:
cyan
green
blue
amber

Keeping in Arc-LS:
white
orangish-red ("red") (this color may also be discontinued)

All discontinued products will continue to be sold from our website until they are gone. No new product will be made. Exchanges will be made with the white LED color.

Of course, these unusual colors are still available for large (250+ unit) custom orders.

We also will offer special runs of LE, CPF, etc in the future, but only if they are over 250 units.

---

Old Blue inventory liquidation.

We have about 50 version 2.2 blue LED Arc-AAAs that we are liquidating. These have the type II finish and are shipped in a zip lock. Normally 24.95, we will include a Duracell AAA and sell them for $14.95 each.

Old Blue Order Page.

In order to make way for the wow, we had to nix the sacred cow(s).

Peter Gransee

rycen

Enlightened
Hi Mr.Gransee I just tried to order the old blue 2.2 and it says the quanity is not available.I would really like to order this as it my FIRST Arc,probly not the last though>

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
Darell, I think I need to borrow your bank card again.
blush.gif

I want to snag a blue Arc-AAA and a blue (royal blue?) LS before they're all gone, and I can't place an actual order on the site without the little square of plastic.
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Craig...

Darell is pretty busy ruling the world right now, plus sleeping in his time zone!

Read your email. I `ve got you covered on this. The two blue flashlights are as good as in your hands.

Take care.

smile.gif

dark star

Enlightened
Last night I went hiking with my cyan and white LS. The cyan is much better - brighter yet affects the night vision less. Sad to think of it discontinued.

Status
Not open for further replies.