What happened to the Legends at Wal Mart?

bigcozy

Enlightened
When all you guys started talking about the Legend being at Wal Mart, I took a look at them. There were plenty of them. Now, no Wal Mart has them locally, and I live in Arkansas, the home of Wally World! Have these dried up elsewhere?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't answer your question because I've never seen a single one at ANY of the 6 (yes, count 'em 6) Walmarts in my area. At least you had a chance to buy one, if that's any consolation.

You would think the capital district of New York would have one somewhere. It's not exactly an uncivilized area. At least you wouldn't think so, unless you lived here and knew better.
smile.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one in a SD Walmart a month ago, and tried to buy another for a CPFer on Friday.

The card for the LX is next to an empty stock rod at the moment. (Lots of other Brinkmans, though)

My guess is that Brinkman underestimated the demand for the light.

Chingyul

Newly Enlightened
Hey,
do they have the legend 2aa there?
If so how much are they.
What i'm getting at is that i wanna get one shipped up to Canada.
Thanks
Dan

N8

Newly Enlightened
Here in Mich. the Meijers Stores have plentywas 19.99 of the LX and other Brinkmann lights. The LX and I picked up 3 and 1 of the AA lights. This is the first 123 powered lights I've ever used even my wife was impressed.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Ching:
Hey,
do they have the legend 2aa there?
If so how much are they.
What i'm getting at is that i wanna get one shipped up to Canada.
Thanks
Dan
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I asked about that light on the LED forum. See here. Also read the whole thread if you haven't. I'm assuming that's what's motivating your interest in that light.

In any case, I think we're stuck with getting them off the web. I'll do a search tomorrow and let you know about any decent prices, and shipping to Canada.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've looked in every Walmart in the "triangle" between here and Albuquerque and Phoenix at least twice and never found one, and I check the local one at least two times a week.

Sometimes they have the Rebel and the Long-Life. Ask about a Legend LX and they just look at you like you are a little wierd, scratch their head and say "Ain't no such thing."

SCOTT THE BADGER

Newly Enlightened
When I asked at the two local Super Wal Marts, I was told that the flashlight section of the sporting goods department was to be made smaller to make room for a larger golf section. This didn't cost us flashlight types just the Legend LX, one of the WalMarts I was at earlier this year had StreamLight bulbs, as they WERE going to carry them.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked at least 8 wal-mart's and 4 Sam's, and could not find any Legend LX in the Houston Area.

Of course they all have "THE WALL OF MAG-LITE'S". Nothing against mag-lite, but it would be like going to the soup section of your grocery store, and only seeing the Cream of Mushroom Soup.

I found the Legend LX at Acadamy Sports in Houston. Maybe look in sporting good stores in your area.

Chingyul

Newly Enlightened
Hey Lux,
Accually, i wanted a cheap 2aa light, but didn't want a mini mag. Just wanted something different. Also, a while back, i heard from a couple guys here that the legend 2aa was better. But if you do find one, thanks alot. I accually found a place online http://www.crawfordtool.com/brinkmann.html
but if you can find cheaper, that would be great. Thanks
Dan

bigcozy

Enlightened
I think Scott the Badger may be right. I talked to a local Wal Mart guy and he said that they always remove certain things to make other areas bigger in sporting goods. The real crime here is that the Legends weren't selling and had been put on clearance. I live in a smal college town of about 50,000 and we have two huge Wal Marts. When I lived up near the Wal Mart HQ, you could find all kinds of experiments in the stores up there. One was selling Partagas cigars and Omega watches!

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Ching:
Hey Lux,
Accually, i wanted a cheap 2aa light, but didn't want a mini mag. Just wanted something different. Also, a while back, i heard from a couple guys here that the legend 2aa was better. But if you do find one, thanks alot. I accually found a place online http://www.crawfordtool.com/brinkmann.html
but if you can find cheaper, that would be great. Thanks
Dan
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Dan,

I ordered 2 in black off that site. The price looked so good I didn't bother to search. $12.48 a piece, $6.37 shipping. Not bad at all.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't appear that they ship internationally. The order form only refers to states in the U.S., and they're shipping page says nothing about other countries. I checked Brinkmann, and they don't ship internationally either.
frown.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already placed the order, but I could order again (more for shipping though). I had no idea it was so hard to get something shipped to Canada. It isn't exactly very far away. In fact, I'm not even 4 hours from Montreal.

Let me see when I get the lights, whether they're any good. If after my evaluation, you still want one, I could place another order for you and ship it to Canada. I should have mine by Friday.

Chingyul

Newly Enlightened
wow, that would be great thanks
Accually, i dont think i've seen a review for the legend 2aa. Some first hand opinions would be great.

ccc

Newly Enlightened
Was down at my local REI and saw the Legend AA for $9.99. Searched www.rei.com and found it there as well and they will ship to Canada.