where would ya live if ya could live any where

raggie33

*the raggedier*
everytime i watch northern exposer it makes me wanna move there im realy considering it.

Last edited:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: moveing to alaska

The Alaskan land giveaway isn't ideal for everyone. Here's a 22 year old article that may interest you.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

probaly when i was in ohio aint sure what the temp was. but i like cold way more then heat its like 75 today and im miserable.man thing is the older i get the less im able to tolerate crowds id love to be able to go out side and see no one just a bear and other criiters.dang craig i didnt know they had skeeters up there

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

You know there's beauty everywhere, you just have to "see" it. Bigiron...you've got some dynamite deer & bass down there!!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Juneau (in southeast Alaska) isn't all that bad...not too hot in the summer, and not too cold in the winter, but you will want to buy an umbrella as soon as you step off the plane. :green:

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I admit I get envious when I see those Alaska specials, most recently one on guided tours of Denali State Park. Could you literally go several hundred miles or more in interior Alaska and not come across any towns or civilization? I would love to spend a summer or part of one there.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i would just love the solitude. and the wild life.imagine catching salmon .or seeing a moose. or walking outside and not seeing the lights from the city

raggie33

*the raggedier*

MayCooper said:
Raggie, mind if I come live nextdoor to you? :)

Ofcourse, in alaskian terms nextdoor would probably be 30 miles down the road...
lol..btw i do worry about secureing food.guess ill have to start hutning for sure.and i realy wanna be on the power grid or find a cheap way to power my crap

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U

raggie33 said:
lol..btw i do worry about secureing food.guess ill have to start hutning for sure.and i realy wanna be on the power grid or find a cheap way to power my crap

Well, if I ever can convince my better half to move with me to alaska (or any remote area for that matter), I'll be installing a load of solarpanels and ofcourse make use of wind energy too...

raggie33

*the raggedier*

MayCooper said:
Well, if I ever can convince my better half to move with me to alaska (or any remote area for that matter), I'll be installing a load of solarpanels and ofcourse make use of wind energy too...
i thought about solar but its so expensive

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Solar power might not be viable in Alaska due to the lower angle of the sun in the summer and (depending on where in Alaska) little or no sun at all in the winter. :green: