Competitions on CPF

Would you like to see competitions on CPF more often?

• YES!! I loved the photo competition! please do another one soon!

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • I don't really know, if I like the subject I might participate.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • NO!! Get a life! don't you have anything better to do than organizinf competitions??

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Competitions?? What are you talking about??

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
A while ago I did the CPF flashlight photo competition, which was received pretty well. I'd like to do more of these competitions, so I'd like to know if people here would like it too. Also suggestions for competition subjects are highly appreciated.

Some things I already thought about:
- flashlight desktop wallpaper competition
- flashlight collection photo competition

**for those who voted for the 4th option, see the link in my sigline...

Also, I'm looking for some people who would like to sponsor the competition(s) with a few small prizes. (No really expensive items please). Also I'm thinking about changing the voting system. By having a 2 stage voting system. First let people submit their entries, then vote for (or have a non-cpf jury select) 10 finalists, then vote for top 3. But thats just a thought right now...

Last edited:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol greenlight... this is a poll, not a competition, so no prizes at the moment... :p

But I'm considering to offer a prize for my next competition... But as most of my funding is tied up in my upcoming wedding, the prizes would be really cheap, or someone would have to sponsor :)

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
ABTOMAT said:
Good clean fun, and it's neat to see everyones' photos.

I'd take a shot at a collection photo competition. :)

I was planning to do that one next :)

Do keep in mind that it will be a photo competition, so composition and artistic view and stuff like that will count more than the contents of the collection. Although it might be hard to make a collection of chinese cheapies look as good as a shelf full of Ti McGizmos :laughing:

Another thing I was thinking about is to split the competition into 2 parts. A part with restricted rules, to keep it possible for everyone to participate, regardless of the ammount of $$ they have invested in their photo gear. And a part without restrictions, where the more advanced photographers can show off the capabilities of their equipment.

Anyway, the next competition will be a bit better organized than the last one (not that that one was all that bad)

Last edited: