3D 3 Watt luxeon at Harbor freight!

tkflash1

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Harbor freight has Gordon flashlight with 3 watt luxeon star in it that takes 3 d batteries and has a reflector that is very close to the Dorcy 3D 1 Watt flashlights. I picked one up and it is very bright with a tight hot spot. Item number is 95297. The quality on the one i got seems as good or better than the dorcy 1 watt ones. Looks like it would be easy to mod. As bright as this one is i may leave it alone.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Do you have the Dorcy 1W to compare with? The photo looks identical to the Dorcy. My Dorcy 3D 1W is a screamer.

- Vikas

fishx65

Enlightened
I saw this light the other night I was there! Looked to be a little longer than the Dorcy. I think it was about 29 bucks.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this is indeed the same 3D as the one Dorcy sold, then it's a fantastic light as is.

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't Harbor Freight eventually put most items on special? This would be a real bargain at say $25 or less.

I think I can wait!! Does that make me :sick:?

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
Here's the direct link > LIGHT

Darn I was just in the plaza today (buying some River Rock Nichia Jupiter lights on clearance at Targets) where there's a new HF store, didn't even notice it was there but the web site says it is.

Shipping adds a few bucks. In case you don't have a local store...

[font=arial,helvetica]"7. Shipping Chart[/font]
  • [font=arial,helvetica]up to $14.99........$6.99 [/font]
  • [font=arial,helvetica]$15.00 to $34.99....$7.99 [/font]
  • [font=arial,helvetica]$35.00 to $69.99..$8.99[/font]
  • [font=arial,helvetica]$70.00 to $99.99..$9.99[/font]
  • [font=arial,helvetica]$100.00 to $129.99..$10.99[/font]
  • [font=arial,helvetica]$130.00 and up..$11.99"[/font]
Some fine print about mailing list in case you're concerned about junk mail...
"[font=arial,helvetica] EMAIL ADDRESSES Your email address will be subscribed to receive regular Harbor Freight Tools offers by email. We do not disclose or share Email addresses with anyone.

MAILING LISTS We occasionally make our customer list available to carefully screened companies and organizations whose products and activities might be of interest to you. If you'd rather not get these mailings, please copy the entire preprinted address portion of your order form, including your customer number, located above your name. Send to: Mailing List Manager, 3491 Mission Oaks Blvd., Camarillo, CA 93011-6010."
[/font]

Last edited:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm...I have a 10% coupon for HF...I might have to go tomorrow to see if they have any. Has anyone had one of these apart?

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
FlashCrazy said:
Hmm...I have a 10% coupon for HF...I might have to go tomorrow to see if they have any. Has anyone had one of these apart?
Flash, is this a public coupon we can find somewhere? TIA

ideefixe

Newly Enlightened
What is the length of this light? Is it a direct drive or do you see some circuit in there? Any chance you can show us a picture of the luxeon star? thanks!

tkflash1 said:
Hi, Harbor freight has Gordon flashlight with 3 watt luxeon star in it that takes 3 d batteries and has a reflector that is very close to the Dorcy 3D 1 Watt flashlights. I picked one up and it is very bright with a tight hot spot. Item number is 95297. The quality on the one i got seems as good or better than the dorcy 1 watt ones. Looks like it would be easy to mod. As bright as this one is i may leave it alone.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
lowatts said:
Flash, is this a public coupon we can find somewhere? TIA

I get their sales flyers in the mail, so I don't think it's public. The coupon is printed on the flyer. I also get coupons via email once in awhile...if that was the case for the this one, I would forward you the email.

johnny13oi

Enlightened
There's a 15% off coupon that you can find on slickdeals.com Just print it out and bring it to them. It worked for me when buying other stuff. And on top of that, I think they pricematch to their online website if you bring in the printed ad.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashCrazy said:
I get their sales flyers in the mail, so I don't think it's public. The coupon is printed on the flyer. I also get coupons via email once in awhile...if that was the case for the this one, I would forward you the email.

Dude, I think I had a flyer come in the mail this week too...and there's a like a couple HFTs here in Sacramento. It's too bad I missed out on Target's clearance of the Dorcy version.

Here's a recent thread where someone did a CreeXRE mod to the Dorcy 3D:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/141978&highlight=wquiles

Doesn't look too difficult to do. I'm still debating how I want to do mines... :rock:

Last edited:

tkflash1

Newly Enlightened
Hi, i do have several of the Dorcy and this one is a little longer (about an inch) and it came with batteries in the package. I looked at the star inside but didn't take it off to see what bin it is because they soldered the screw on with the ground lead. Don't know if direct drive or not but my guess is it probably is with a resistor. Thats how the Dorcy's were. I could take a picture but don't have web posting abilities. I could email them to someone else if they want to post them. The star mounts a little different than it did on the Dorcy but i think it will transfer heat to the body better in this setup. Looks like the heatsink threads directly to the body. Not positive on that since i didn't take it apart yet. The threads on the head and tailcap seem better quality than on the Dorcy. Much smoother taking off, not rough feeling.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from Harbor Freight...they had 'em on sale for $19.99!! They also had the 3C version on sale for $17.99. I picked up two of each, plus used my 10% off coupon.

Ace0001a, there's 6 of the D version left, 3 of the C version. I went to the one on Auburn Blvd, between Madison and Greenback....get over there!

loneranger

Newly Enlightened
They definitely pricematch with their website, but you need to bring in a hardcopy of the add to be certain. Otherwise, you're at the whim of whoever you're talking with.

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
johnny13oi said:
There's a 15% off coupon that you can find on slickdeals.com Just print it out and bring it to them. It worked for me when buying other stuff. And on top of that, I think they pricematch to their online website if you bring in the printed ad.

Don't you mean slickdeals.net??

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashCrazy said:
Just got back from Harbor Freight...they had 'em on sale for $19.99!! They also had the 3C version on sale for $17.99. I picked up two of each, plus used my 10% off coupon.

Ace0001a, there's 6 of the D version left, 3 of the C version. I went to the one on Auburn Blvd, between Madison and Greenback....get over there!

FC, it's good to know a fellow CPFer here in town! Yeah, I was just there...bought 1 of each and some miscellaneous tools. I ended up using the 10% off entire purchase coupon from the flyer. Killer deal for sure! Now it's time to cook up some mods...

Latest posts