MiniMag SSC P4

Effulgence

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if there is going to be a MiniMag Drop-In using SSC P4 U-bin or CREE XR-E coming out soon or am I better off trying to create one for myself? Has anyone tried this?

I've been waiting for Auroralite's hotwire kit at Light-Hound to come back in stock, but in the meanwhile, I have several stock Mini-Mags acquired from Target's clearance sale.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Terralux is due to release one, it's mentioned in the Terralux ministar for D Magthread. I'm just in a bit of a hurry now to dig it up.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for the same also. The hotwire minimag mod has been backordered way too long! By the time more become available, a MiniMag LED drop in will blow it away!

I'm in for one MiniMag Terralux SSC or Cree drop in!

Effulgence

Newly Enlightened
Interesting... I only know of one light that uses the Edixeon: Free.Light Spartanian (can be found at BatteryJunction.com for $40). But I'd rather have a SSC P4 at 240lm @ 1A in a MiniMag :grin2:

Last edited:

Effulgence

Newly Enlightened
I have no clue about the MiniMagLED. I prefer the original MiniMag since it retains the lanyard hole and the shorter length.

As for the amps, PCB boards, resistors, curcuits and such, I'm lost.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alin10123 said:
lol to the background music he/she chose.

I had to click the link to find out. Rock on!!! It's Rammstein. The song is Sonne from the Mutter album.

Guess what I'll be listening to all day now :)

EDIT: looks like a nice mod. Looks to be copper. I'll check out his ebay account. LED_MAX_LITE

Last edited:

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
despite the yellow corona around the hotspot produce by Edison,
i don't really care - called it whatever urine to some people,
but that led and the driver and the cooper housing is what i'm eyeing :D
I just love Edison for the throw other than Cree.
130lumens with stock reflector :wtf:
i'm :sold:

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
carbine15 said:
how many amps does a minimagLED pull on a SSCP4 if you just swap out the emitter?

nearly fresh e2 mine pulled 680 ...now with some use on the e2 its at 600

BGater

Enlightened
Hey Effulgence, a bit off topic but is that a Sorc orb from D2 LOD ? My kids got me hooked on that a few years back.......hehe.

Gater

Effulgence

Newly Enlightened
Bgater: Yup, used to have an orb sorc with this Occulus back then before the ITH and white items. I always used to be up late at night playing D2... I'm doing the same with reading up on all these lights, so I figured it was fitting. Just ordered 2 Jetbeam C-LE just today before they sold out. Now I got my eyes set on yet another shiny object: Light-Hound MM hotwire kits are back in stock it seems. :grin2:

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
light_emitting_dude said:
I'm looking for the same also. The hotwire minimag mod has been backordered way too long! By the time more become available, a MiniMag LED drop in will blow it away!

I shouldn't have spoken so soon. Looks like the hotwire minimag mods are back in stock at LH. Just ordered one. Still will have to order an SSC P4 drop-in also when they become available. Looks like I will have to get another Minimag!

Effulgence

Newly Enlightened
Woo, just ordered 3 Hotwire Kits from LH. I'm on a spending spree... My bank account just took a huge sucker punch to the face.

Rechargable batteries: who cares about run time, it's all about guilt free lumens! The more (lumens) the merrier.:grin2: