about our arc-aaa companions

Status
Not open for further replies.

napalm-2002

Enlightened
i hope they will let me keep this post in this section but i really want to ask all of you that frequent this section.everyone loves surefire so much but i think you have all missed something.i got a surefire 6p that i cant stand bec its too damn big and i also got a e2 that was hellishly overpriced but has a belt clip.personally you can have that piece of useless poop 6p.its just too damn big.and the e2 you need to take out a loan to buy.

i also have a scorpion.for those of you that dont know it is basically the same as a e2 or 6p but has a great rubber covering on it and costs about half that of a comparable surefire.i love it.

while you guys talk surefire this and surefire that i say buy a scorpion or two.maybe no one knows they exist?

i just really think in a surefire catagory light the scorpion wins hand down!

any objections?
i want to know
Gransee im sorry i posted this here but i really would like an answer from us arc lovers.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by napalm-2002:
but i really would like an answer from us arc lovers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What was the question again?

napalm-2002

Enlightened
im sorry i was in the middle of a rant.

why does everyone buy the surefire lights when the scorpion is a hell of alot cheaper and i like the rubber coating on the light.
its not just price but i allways grab my scorpion.

i think the scorpion deserves credit and i cant believe people dont rave about them!

ok im done
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

see-isn't this a great example of a guy who tests out a bunch of products,and finds exactly what he likes.You,sir,are now a happy Streamlight customer.I'm sure alot of guys have done the same thing and come to the conclusion that they are happy Surefire customers.Support companies you like with your wallet.I do.I could care less what floats someone else's boat.I just keep the lights and gear that works well for me and I usually give the rest away.

troy(the happy Arc Flashlight customer)
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by napalm-2002:
why does everyone buy the surefire lights when the scorpion is a hell of alot cheaper and i like the rubber coating on the light.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah, I see the question now. I can't answer for "everyone" but the reason *I* buy surefires is because I am more concerned with my overall satisfaction in a light than the initial cost, I don't like the rubber coating on the Scorp, and I really, really like the looks and functionality of the Surefire lights. Something about fine machining that really does it for me. I personally don't think there is a better looking light out there than the classic E2. I'll be the first one to admit that the SF's cost a lot for what they are, but I am willing to pay for what (to me) is the best of the best in that catagory. If we didn't all have different desires and needs, we wouldn't have the choices that we currently have.

Don't begrudge anybody their preferences. If you like the Scorpion, then talk it up, and vote with your wallet like Troy suggests.

Personally, I've voted for Arc more than any other single mfg out there...

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
My E2 is my pocket EDC along with its beamshaper. I agree that it is the most attractive light instrument that I own.

My Scorpion sits in my car's console cabinet next to my 8X with it's beamshaper. The Scorpion gets more use on its exceptional wide flood in and around the car than it does elsewhere or on other focuses. It's head diameter makes it a little too large to be my EDC. I use it when I want a wider bright field than my ARC LS or 5X provide.

My Brinkman LX sits in my wife's glove box because it's more attractive than the Scorpion to her and less utilitarian than the Scorpion to me.

To paraphrase Darrell: We each have our own idiosyncratic ways of using and appreciating flashlights. Most of us are curious and receptive to reading about and empathizing with other's idiosyrcracies. Who knows -- Darrell might be doing something wierd that tickles my funnybone enough that I decided that I want to emulate him.

bwcaw

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
There`s a home for that poor 6P here if it`s that unwanted...

wink.gif
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Me too!

grin.gif
wink.gif

Spork

Enlightened
I had the e2 and didn't care for it. it would of been ok if the range was better. the low output lamp coming out for it is silly. just go buy a uk2l.

napalm-2002

Enlightened
guys i appreciate the input.
i do love the streamlight and the surefires.
i just wondered why no one else liked the streamlight.

i apologize for coming off strong.

i love my e2 i use it all the time.
i love my scorpion it is in my truck and on me almost all the time.the 6p was my first HOLA.
it started me down the path of flashlight appreciation.
but in all honesty the 6p to me is useless it is too big and bulky.the e2 is perfect.

BUT in all honesty Mr Gransee i use your arc-sls more that all of my lights and i believe that it is the best light i own.

so for me it went like this

6p to e2
e2 to arc-sls
arc-sls and scorpion and never turn back.
except for more batts.

thank you all
smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrchri5:
I had the e2 and didn't care for it. it would of been ok if the range was better. the low output lamp coming out for it is silly. just go buy a uk2l.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The SF will still have a far better beam quality than the 2L. My thinking is that instead of the LOLA for the E2, an LS-based light would be FAR better though. I was once excited about the LOLA, but no more...

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Hey if we all liked the same lights we wouldn't have a need for this forum and it would be a very sad day if that ever happened.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:
Darrell might be doing something wierd that tickles my funnybone enough that I decided that I want to emulate him.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think we should have a little contest:

Guess what weird thing Darell is doing RIGHT NOW.

Then I'll set up a web cam. Everybody can sit around debate just what the heck it is I AM doing.

Shudder. Nevermind. We have women on the board now. Bad idea.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cave dave:
Except an LS Surefire is gonna cost you at least $100. While the LOLA maybe $12.
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An excellent point. Never even crossed my mind to buy an SF LS. PLUS, you still need an E2 "housing" to put that lamp in... don't forget THAT expense.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
napalm, seriously:

I've checked my 3P against my Scorpion.
The heads are identical in diameter.
The P-series head is slightly shorter than a Scorpion's - the Scorpion's head is slightly smaller where it narrows towards the body.

The P-series body is 1/12th of an inch greater diameter than a Scorpion body.
According to the SF catalogue, the 6P and Scorpion lengths are nearly exactly the same.
Why do you say this:

... got a surefire 6p that i cant stand bec its too damn big ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and also imply that the Scorpion is a lot smaller ?
They are for most practical purposes the same size.

lightlover

(Since I'm in an Arc topic: "Arc's are great !!")

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
The SF will still have a far better beam quality than the 2L. My thinking is that instead of the LOLA for the E2, an LS-based light would be FAR better though. I was once excited about the LOLA, but no more...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except an LS Surefire is gonna cost you at least $100. While the LOLA maybe $12.
shocked.gif

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My two cents. I have the 6P and the Scorpion, and I have to admit that I like the Scorpion better (just between the two). Personally, I like the rubber sleeve of the Scorpion--it provides a better non-slip grip (for me), and I feel that there is less possibility of scratching other stuff (or being scratched). I keep several Scorpions throughout the house, and have given many away as gifts.

That being said however, since size is critical for me,I usually carry the SF E2, along with the ArcAAA LE, a couple of Photons, etc., etc.

By the way, the UKE 2L is another great light that I'm partial to. Heck, I like all of my lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.