• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 6d rop low group buy?

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i may have a good source for 6d mags i'm trying to talk into hooking up some flashoholics. i'm considering buying 10 or 20 and adding a rop low bulb in the package and shipping them to people here. it would be about $45 for this 300-400 lumen combo. about $50 shipped i think.

is anyone interested in a one stop shop rop setup. it may be about the same as buying parts seperately but more convenient and saves on two shipping charges.

is anyone interested?

PuZo

Newly Enlightened
omg, woudlnt battery life be like quadrupeld compared to a 2d rop?

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
Would this be able to work just by putting in batteries or would I have to do more modifacations? If it is a pack and blind I would also be interested. Thank you

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
beefy,

i wish it included lens and reflector. a rop done right with high bulb is $100-125 to build. i know cause i have a two d rop high and had parts shipped from four different places.

this 6d low should get by with using stock lens and reflector. tests from other members have shown it reliable to 20 min constant on with little effects from reflector.

i can get the 6d in red or black i think and may or may not have to go in multiples of 12 in a particular color.

please note this is not a rop high at 800 lumens. it is a rop low at 350-400 lumens. however, you can later very easily upgrade to a high with reflector and lens, no other parts needed! i am doing one for myself but was wondering if there is enough interest for me to put together ten of these, i wouldn't mind. one thing i hated about building mine was buying stuff from multiple sources. i could take a few "orders", then ship out a 6d rop low to you with "one stop shopping". if no interest it's not a big deal, i will still do two of them. one for me and one for a friend. before i place my order, i wanted to offer this to you all.

Nomad

Enlightened
Here's the thing, I don't know that we'd be saving much on this, as a matter of fact I think that if we shop carefully we can find 6 cell mags in the $20-25 range...new or lightly used. A ROP Low bulb is probably $5 or so. And if that's all we'd be getting in a group buy, I'm really not enthusiastic.

And I'm not trying to rain on your parade, it's great to try to get everyone good deals!

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i emailed lighthound about a deal buying in bulk so i can get a group buy started. if we can get the price down or batteries included, is there any interest? it would be fun for me to be involved in one and make a few friends along the way.

by the way icebreak, i saw that link to 6d maglite. what is the shipping cost on that. i saw free shipping on anything over $150, but how about on just one light?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
jasonsmaglites said:
by the way icebreak, i saw that link to 6d maglite. what is the shipping cost on that. i saw free shipping on anything over $150, but how about on just one light?

Dunno. I'd call him if I were going to buy a product.