'lost' jacket - with 4 lights in it! bitter :(

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)
My black leather jacket has been lost with the following (at least) inside it:

Streamlight Strion
Surefire E2D
Fenix AA
JetBeam Jet 1

I also had
1 VW key - remote and about $225 to replace
Chequebook
$60 cash
4 batteries
and who knows what else....

I am pretty bitter about it as I was in the middle of a warden directed purge of lights. I was keeping these to stave off lumen starvation until we catch up from my wife being off for the last 4 years with our kids. I don't have much left and it kills me. Now when I need a flashlight, I have to go looking for one as they aren't laying around everywhere anymore.

I am down to 1 key with the VW and I have a 3.5 YO and a 1 YO, both boys.

I just wanted to share my lament. I am looking forward to replacing everything in a while with the movement with Cree and Seoul etc. But until then, the darkness grows....

Tyson

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for your loss..........I have two boys and somehow they grew up.....

check your e-mail!

jeffb

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
And you didn't have phone number labels on your batteries?

Just in case someone honest found them...

Perhaps you are traceable through your chequebook.

Last edited:

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
i hate losing stuff!! Sorry to hear of your loss!!! Do you think some yanked it on you?

If cold have ben worse if you had a cellie, knife and say....a Titan or one of Don's lights!

If I lost any of my surefires i'd be bent but it woun't be that same as if I lost a Don light.

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)
It has been a while now since the loss as this happened last month, but I was holding out hope for someone to find it, or for it to turn up somewhere. It took me a fair while to retrace where I lost it and it was in the Keg in Windsor, Downtown - nowhere near no man's land in the middle of warzone D, Manzerick. I had lunch with a client and co-worker and took off my jacket placing it on the bench seat that I took. That is the last place that I had it. I did lose it, but I don't think that it was my fault. I am certain that I left it there and that someone liberated it from the Keg after I left.

I spend about $900 per month on client lunches in this Keg since they are in the same building, and I made sure to let the management know that my jacket was last seen there - after paying a $500 dinner tab while stating that it was my third such bill in that week. I continued to lamentably list the contents of the jacket. He barely lifted an eyebrow.

Please keep in mind that the $ that I spend at the Keg is not mine - if it was, I would have replaced everything by now that was in the jacket ;)

If anyone knows of anyone looking to sell a Streamlite Strion for a good price, point them my way. It was not my favorite light in the group, by far, but I have 2 chargers installed in perfect places in my house. I would love to have a light that fits into them. I am not asking for anyone to send me one, just if they know someone who has one for sale. I will be keeping an eye on the BST just for that reason.

Thanks again for the notes of sympathy, and the kicks ;), and most of all thanks for the personal notes - all are appreciated.

Tyson

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not leave a similar, cheap jacket in same place, and watch it.

It may be a member of staff.

If it's open at night, look out for torchlight.

No security video ?

Leave a cheapy 2xRCR123 torch, with unbalanced cells, and wait for fireworks !

Last edited: