The uniqueness of the Arc-LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the light is different in that it uses this wonderful LS Led but I think what sets it apart even further is its versatility.

It has the brightness to replace good utility grade incandesent and muli led lights for practical applications in a small package, but thats only one thing that sets it apart.

One of the wonderful things that I don't think get mentioned enough is the multiple battery packs. How many other lights do you have that allow you to switch from 1AA for economy, 2AA's for brightness, and 123 as a companion piece to 123 powered lights? I don't know of any others. Especially any others as practical as this light for everyday use.

I think the versatility is a STRONG selling point that does not get near enough mention.

But lets think of the possibilities.
First what exists.

1. The 123 for pocket sized or keychain sized performance to complement a SureFire or similar light.

2. A single AA to stretch batteries, recycle otherwise trash batteries, still pocket sized and keychain sized while still putting out a useable quantity of light.

3. A double AA to get good brightness, easy handhold, in still a size that is portable.

---------------------------------------------
Now for what does not exist.
Single C-cell. Great economy for recycling batteries, usabale brightness, long runtime and still giving some degree of portability but for many would be a car or house body.
---------------------------------------------Single D-cell. Less portable but having all of the other Qualities of the Single C but more.
Double C. Good utility light with ample brightness to do most household and car based tasks. Good runtimes, and cheap to run. Not so large that you would not want to take it on a walk.
Double D. Not as easily carried for a short walk but great for household duties. Very cheap to run for the brightness that it puts out. Excellent runtimes.
With all of these Packs, plus the Arc-AAA. The only other lights you would ever have a need for would be SureFires or something similar and maybe some rechargables.

Status
Not open for further replies.