2D m@g led mod?

sskyy

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I have a 2D Mag I would like to mod with a led/leds. (Originally I was going to make a Mag11 but it didn't work out.) But I am totally new to modding so need some help. :) Ideally I would like to use 4 leds, probably seouls an they are available as stares. But what driver & battery configuration would work? Also advice on heatsink and reflectors? Are there any step by step guides, I've searched but cant find any? Or would it be better to use a single led? And what would I need for this option?
Thanks
sskyy

Daekar

Enlightened
Well it really depends on what you want - more specifically, what kind of batteries do you want to use? Is this a runtime light? Flood? Throw? How much are you looking to spend? Do you want it to be regulated? If you're interested in keeping the focusing ability of the maglight with the stock reflector and not looking for an absolute lumen-monster, I'd recommend picking up an EverLED drop-in bulb replacement - it's a side-emitter. There's a review of it over at flashlightreviews.com - very favorable. Runs up to 9v, so if you're feeling creative you could setup 6 AA batteries or 3 123a batteries in your 2D-mag and get quite a bit of light for a good long time.