YAY, Now I have my own Li14430!!!!!

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

Last week (thursday, I think), I had a lunch with Larry (Tvodrd). He brought with him a super sweet Li14430 kit and guess what, the kit is for me !!!! Larry
buttrock.gif

For those who are not familiar with this light, it is what I believe the holy grail of CPF last 2 years. The light is a result of a collaboration of CPFers (Larry, Chief Wiggum, Doug, etc etc. Sorry if I forgot your name). In any case, this light is such a work of art!!!!. There are only a very few made and judging from the amount of details this particular light has, I understand why.

Anyway, so I waited until today to assemble the light (waiting for my multimeter that I lent to my friend. I know, I know, excuses excuses). Larry also included a seoul SSC P4 with the kit.
Before assembling the light, I test fitted the led with a spare NXO5 optic that I have lying around, so that I know what kind of beam I would expect. The beam is pretty nice, has some artifact, and I thought I might have some centering problem. Or so I thought.

I assembled the kit, taking particular care not to short any component inside (Larry kept on reminding me about this during the lunch) Well, guess what, the led does not have to be centered. The head seems to have a centering mechanism of its own. And the resulting beam is just stunning!!!. It is pretty white, a little bit cooler (typical of SSC) than my lux V WXOT, and has very little artifact. I think the optic is separated from the led by a couple of mil, so the resulting beam is a pretty spot.

Oh well, I guess I need to post a couple of pictures
biggrin.gif

This is the Kit, everything that I received from Larry

dsc00459zo4.jpg

A couple of Shots

Comparing with Fenix E0. Li14430 on low. (Li14430 on the right)

dsc00463bj5.jpg

Same set up as above, but Li14430 on High

dsc00464km3.jpg

Now, Li14430 against my prized PR head WXOT with BB750. (Li14430 on the left this time)
Distance is about 3 to 4 feet from the wall.

dsc00466bi3.jpg

The Li14430 by itself on high.

dsc00465rk4.jpg

Thanks for looking
smile.gif

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
[insert words of awe and jealousy here]

As for tint... well, when compared to that ol' Fenix, I think you're doin' just fine!

Nice light there shiftd, and nice work there, Larry!

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awsome!
Ferd, you're now of the envy of 24,215 - 1 (tvordrd) member.
I got a chance to fiddle with one of these gems when Larry was up north. I just love how everything are perfectly align & fit together even the split ring (yep get that!).

cy

Flashaholic
welcome to the club!!!

Li11430/CR2 has hardly left me since receiving. only I swapped out 14430 body for cut down ARC AA body for CR2.

it may be time to upgrade to SSC P4...

vortechs

Enlightened
Very nice light. I don't one but I do happen to have a box of 14430 Li-Ion cells. Let me know if you need any spare cells for the 14430 and I'll send you a couple :santa: .

Clickie

Newly Enlightened
To me thats still the prettiest light you can own, or in most of our cases not own you lucky dog:nana:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I always covet tvodrd's lights. I only have one (an N cell Luxeon) and it is one of the very very few lights that I have held on to and not sold.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, thanks guys :D

I know I am one of the few lucky to get my hand on one of these. I will have to say that it is only due to Larry's kindness :D .

Jch79, yeah. I used the fenix E0 only bec that is the only light that is not custom that I have. but the E0 led is really blue, and I pick that over two E0 that I had my hand on (the other one is purple :eek: )

Radio, Fart, Modamag, Chimo, Bimmerboy, Clickie, Greenled, kingsmono

Thanks (/me waves his Li14430 in front of them ) :D

Cy, yep
you should upgrade. It is really worth it.

CM,
I have an NLS too (or had, since I cannot seem to find it anywhere). Compared to the NLS, the Li14430 is definitely more superior. It is brighter, well, bigger and two stage !!
And mine NLS is still using Low dome LS

Vortech,
How do you have those batteries and don't own the light? you use the batteries for something else?

vortechs

Enlightened
shiftd said:
Vortechs,
How do you have those batteries and don't own the light? you use the batteries for something else?
I got a box of the 14430 Li-Ion cells from a dealer's going out of business thread in the Dealers Forum: here. I basically did it as a groupbuy for CPF members who needed them or could come up with a good use for them. I mostly just use them (along with a 7mm spacer) in situations I would use a 14500 cell although I have thought of some other applications. I'll be happy to send you a couple for free, in the CPF spirit of generosity.